Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Move nav menu under logo so nav buttons can go edge-to-edge

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Peter
    Participant

Hi Andy:

I’m looking for a way to move the nav menu under the logo area so that I can have buttons all across the top of page. Right now, I can’t add any more parent pages because the nav menu overlaps my logo. I found another post about this and you suggested this CSS change:

#nv-tabs ul li{
    float:left;
    position:relative;
    padding: 40px 10px 20px 10px;
    height:37px;
    margin-right:1px;
    }

But I did that and it didn’t make a difference. Thanks in advance for shedding the light.

Regards,

Peter

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

It’s not that simple to do with DynamiX. Do you have a link to your site? The issue comes when you need to create more header space to cope with the height of the logo and menu stacked on top of each other.

Peter
    Participant

Hi Andy:

http://bestlifemoments.com

I got this far on my own after updating the theme and adding this in the Skin Settings custom CSS field:

#nv-tabs {margin-top:30px;font-family:Verdana}

Of course, you’re right that it would look better with more space between the logo and the menu. I’m planning on migrating to Tersus soon. Is it easier to do on that theme? I’d love to know how.

Peter
    Participant

Also, how do I center the menu across the page. I’m sure it’s in the CSS, but I’m not smart enough to know which piece to edit.

Anonymous

Hi Peter,

Regarding menu across the page, you might take a look at this. Guess you need to modify the #nv-tabs according to your needs. Hope this helps. By the way the life moments are good looking!

Peter
    Participant

Thank you!

Anonymous

Welcome 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

With Tersus, the header is completely controlled via the admin – you can set the header height, top margin for menu and branding and align the menu and branding left,right,center.

Thanks for your help @cloudchowk !

Anonymous

You always deserve @Andy 🙂

Savvywebdesign
    Participant

I’ve recently purchased Dynamix and have discovered, like the user above, that the theme won’t support more than a few pages because the menu overlaps the logo. Is there a fix for that problem yet?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The next version, 3.0 has been completely re-written and allows for scalable header area + center,left,right alignment of the Logo / Branding / Menu. Feel free to checkout the demo.

Savvywebdesign
    Participant

Thanks, Andy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.