Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Moving Theme From One Install To Another

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • fassefnia
    Participant

Hello!

I had a designer customize DynamiX's grahics and she did the install on her server. She ended up giving me the entire folder for DynamiX where the changes were made and also an XML for me to restore the setting in WordPress. I follow the process of uploading the theme, activating it and then importing the XML file in Tools > Import. Everything looks good accept the footer widgets don't carried over. So when I go to widgets, all I see is the standard two widgets and no footer widgets or drop panels. I am using the same wordpress version 3.1.3 as she is. If I try to go to General Settings and click Save, it breaks the theme.

I've tried various ways of installing the theme such as installation wordpress then activating a default version of Dynamix, configuring it and then copying over the modified version and it doesn't work. Something breaks the theme during the move. I can't make any changes to the theme with-out breaking it.

Can someone please advise on how we should go about making the theme to work? Thank you so much. We're in need of help.

FA

fassefnia
    Participant

I guess another question would be is, how do I enable the widgets and drop panel with-out doing it through the DynamiX admin panel?

fassefnia
    Participant

It looks like  with an XLM export/import of wordpress the DynamiX settings don't get carries over properly.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

This is one of the most disappointing aspects of WordPress export is that there isn't an easy way to export theme options. The only way to do it and most correct way is to export the SQL database as the WordPress export doesn't take sidebar data either. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.