Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Multi Language Site

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Gabriel Beauchamp
    Participant

Hello,

I need to translate my site in French. How can I achieve this? I would like the user to be able to switch languages. For example, a French home page and an English home page and depending which language the user selected, the proper page content would show up.

Thanks,

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We recommend using WPML when translating your site and using the language switcher.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Gabriel Beauchamp
    Participant

No free approaches?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can translate your site using a free plugin called Codestyling Localization but it will not switch languages. That is why we recommend using WPML as it is a good all rounder. You can also try qTranslate, but it does not include all of the features WPML does.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Gabriel Beauchamp
    Participant

Hello,

When I try to translate the theme into French with Codestyling Localization, I get a multiple textdomain warning and to contact the theme author. Because of the multiple textdomain, every time I generate the .mo it overwrites the other domain.

Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
    It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files.
    The affected unknown textdomains are: wpsc, wpb, wordpress-importer, themeva_admin, themeva-admin, optionsframeworktheme, optionsframework, options_framework_themeva, options_framework_theme, js_composer, buddypress, bbpress

Can you help me out with this problem?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not entirely sure what you mean by it overwrites the other domain? Please could you elaborate on this.

You will need to install Codestyling Localization plugin and change the WP install language to French if you haven’t already.

More information here. After you have done this, please read the DynamiX documentation for more information on translation here.

Once Codestyling is installed, you can then translate your words manually if needs be. Find the theme on Codestyling > Added a new language > Scan it > Created a .mo file > Edit and search for the translation > Translated Read more > Generated the .mo file again and viewed the site.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Gabriel Beauchamp
    Participant

AH! Thank you my friend! I was trying to translate the theme without changing the WPLANG variable.

It works well now. Thanks again

Gabriel Beauchamp
    Participant

OK, How do I give my users the option to switch languages? I have Codestyling Localization and Xili-Language plugins installed.

When I change language using the Xili-Language, it does not change the WPLANG variable, but only shows the post,page,etc in the specified language. So only the post is translated and all menus, sidebar, footer,etc texts are not..

Can you help?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

For translating the site you can use Codestyling. For a multi-language site with a changer, I recommend using WPML.

Gabriel Beauchamp
    Participant

I was hoping for a free approach.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

You could try using qTranslate as an alternative free option.

Please let me know how you get on.

Quentin Rajnelli
    Participant

Hello Gabriel, I’m already trying to translate my template in French like you,

When I try to translate the theme into French with Codestyling Localization, I get a multiple textdomain warning and to contact the theme author.

Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
    It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files.
    The affected unknown textdomains are: wpsc, wpb, wordpress-importer, themeva_admin, themeva-admin, optionsframeworktheme, optionsframework, options_framework_themeva, options_framework_theme, js_composer, buddypress, bbpress

My worpdress is already in French, but I just want to know if the translation is already existing or if I have to do it manually. Thank you !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.