Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Multilingual website after update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Christian
    Participant

Dear support,

I’ve updated my website to the latest version of Dynamix but I don’t understand how to manage all my languages as I used to with qTranslate. I have 4 languages French, English, Spanish and Swedish.

Right now, I had to get back to the previous version because the new version didn’t show the content properly.

My website is http://www.servicebip.com

Can you please tell me how to upgrade to the latest version and keep my 4 languages as it is now?

I will really appreciate an step by step procedure because I couldn’t find any in the documentation site.

Thanks a lot for your help and time!

Regards,

Christian.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

Please see the migration process here, let me know how you get on:

http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/language-translation/

Christian
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I have of course seen this but I can only see the info about the .mo and .po files.

Can you please explain to me where do I add an new text field to add my translations as I used do in the previous version?

Thanks a lot!

Christian.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The .mo files contain all your current translations that appear in the codestyling plugin.  To add translations It should be in the usual place with the codestyling plugin enabled, settings > localization?

Christian
    Participant

Hi Andy,

This solution let me migrate the language content but my flags to change from one language to other next to the menu just disapear.

In the previous version I had a witget for it that has disapeared now.

How do I add the flags again to my website in order to let the customer change the languages?

Kind regards,
    Christian.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

I’m no longer providing customizations in this forum but as I’ve provided this mod for the previous version, I’ll provide for this one.

Add to Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS

.qtrans_language_chooser span {float:left;margin:10px 2px 0 2px;}

Add this to Theme Options > Header > Header Custom Field ( it’s for English and German, so change accordingly )

<div class="qtrans_language_chooser">
    <span class="active">[a href="/en" class="qtrans_flag qtrans_flag_en"><span>English</span>[/a></span>
    <span class="active">[a href="/de" class="qtrans_flag qtrans_flag_de"><span>Deutsch</span>[/a></span>
    </div>

replace the [ character with < ( wouldn’t let me post it ).

Change:

href=”/de”
    qtrans_flag_de
    Deutsch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.