Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Multiple Blogs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
  • Shaun Green
    Participant

Hi,

I want to trial having 2 blogs on my site as follows;
    Blog=personal blogged feeds
    External News Feeds=RSS syndicated feeds

External News – Managed to set up by posting feeds to a dedicated category and assigning this category as a Menu item within the header structure. Problem is I would like to edit the page visitors view with things like a search function, widgets, ext but cannot find it. Is there a way to do this?

Gallery – Some posts also feed into the gallery but these only come from my main blog. Is there a way to direct feed to post from my External News feeds category?

KR
    Shaun

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

External News – I am not sure what you mean by editing the page visitors view. Do you have a link to the pages you are talking about so I can get a better understanding?

Gallery – If you are posting feeds into a dedicated category you should be able to select that category to display within your galleries therefore, only showing the images from that ‘blog’.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Shaun Green
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

As mentioned in your other post, please reply on here with your login details and set your reply to private. Your reply will only been seen by me and Andy. We do not offer support over email.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Shaun Green
    Participant

Shaun Green
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

The login details provided do not seem to work, please can you double check that they are correct?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Shaun Green
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

The login details do not seem to work again, I don’t think you can have spaces in your username?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Shaun Green
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

You can set the Blog Sidebar via Appearance > Theme Options > Blog. This will apply it to all blog pages, unfortunately you can’t set it per category.

As for the Gallery, it can pull in posts from a Category within wordpress, so if your “News feeds category” exists physically in WordPress, you can select it for a Gallery, is that what you mean?

Shaun Green
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

You are using a very old version of DynamiX. I recommend updating DynamiX then you will be able to update Visual Composer by going to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Purple box, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

You should be able to create 2 pages, both called different things. Set them both as blog templates when editing each page on the right hand sidebar under Page Template.
    Scroll down to Page Config > Blog > Select the post categories for each blog. This will enable you to have 2 different blog pages displaying different posts.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Shaun Green
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

If both pages are going to be blog templates, they need to be set as blog templates within each page. Or it will appear like a normal page.

If you set them both up as blog pages, then select from the blog tab to only show the categories chosen, this should work.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.