Home / Forums / You Theme Support / My site won't load again after i installed YOU theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • paulsholaoguntade
    Participant

My site keeps showing me this error message each time tried to open a page on the site;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_script_add_data() in /home/capaci11/public_html/victorcounted.com/wp-content/themes/you/functions.php on line 97

Please what should i do, I have a deadline to meet

traubinger
    Participant

Same here… very unsatisfying that ACODA does not offer prompt support in such cases!

traubinger
    Participant

I got mine working again.. perhaps this will help you as well:

login to your database using phpMyAdmin (or whatever), and navigate to the “active_plugins” column of the “wp_options” table. Once the active_plugins column appears, click to edit it. You will see something similar to the following, depending on the number and type of plugins you have installed:

a:31:{i:0;s:13:”AddMySite.php”;i:1;s:19:”akismet/akismet.php”;i:2;s:23:”all_in_one_seo_pack.php”;i:3;s:16:”authenticate.php”;i:4;s:28:”breadcrumb-navigation-xt.php”;i:5;s:18:”codeautoescape.php”;i:6;s:37:”contact-coldform/contact_coldform.php”;i:7;s:32:”custom-query-string-reloaded.php”;….

That entire array of code represents every active plugin on your site. Thus, to quickly disable all plugins without using the WP Admin area, highlight the entire block of code, cut it out, and paste it into a safe, offline text file. After removing the code, click the button to save your changes and that’s it. All WordPress plugins are now deactivated (yet still installed, and with all plugin options intact).

The site should work now again and you can activate the plugins step by step and see where the problem is…
    Good luck!

Thanks for the help, @traubinger

Can you try the suggestion above, @paulsholaoguntade?

Regards,

paulsholaoguntade
    Participant

@acoda @traubinger , Thanks guys for your responses. I finally was able to fix it with the help of ACODA team.

What solved it was to increase my WP memeory via WP_Config.php

Then also, at some point previously, i was uploading the wrong zip file, so the best way to do it is to use Evanto WordPress tool kit. With that you would install the right file.

But when it breaks the site, the solution is to increase the WP memory. This is because some of the plugins require larger memory, and most times some Hosting companies put a cap on the memory, so you either increase it your self or write to them to help you increase it in case their own settings is overwriting your changes.

trust me it would work fine after.

Thanks Guys

Thank you for sharing, @paulsholaoguntade

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.