Home / Forums / ePix Support / name's of images in carousel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • greg suliga
    Participant

Hello,
    I need your help with names of pictures. I can’t get rid of them if my slider is set as carousel and the lightbox is enabled. Any idea how I could disabled it ?

thanks,

Greg

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

Either the title is set within the slide set within each image themselves or you have a title set on the actual image. If you go to Media Library > Locate the image > Remove the title, it should disappear.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

greg suliga
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

It looks like you have managed to remove the title from the Carousel. To remove the title from the lightbox, add the following CSS code to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

.fancybox-opened .fancybox-title {
    visibility: hidden !important;
    }

I am not sure what you mean by setting a background image on a page with a carousel attached but you can duplicate your current skin, add a background image to it and set that skin to show on your pages with Carousel sliders if that is something similar?

I recommend having a look through the live skin editor documentation for more information here.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

greg suliga
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

your little piece of code has removed the unwanted image descriptions from the lightbox , but I’d be grateful if you could advice me how to also remove this description on hower which is being displayed before clicking on ( before opening the lightbox)

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

Are you referring to the yellow box that appears? The yellow box is the alt tag or title tag set in your image. The browser enforces this as it is a accessibility feature. If you did want to remove this, you would have to modify the core code but search engines heavily frown upon this.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

greg suliga
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me again 🙂

looks like I don’t want to remove this , but would it be possible to suppress this yellow box , so it’s there for search engines but not to the front user ?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way of hiding it without hacking up the core code. This is for both the search engines and front end users as the search engines cannot see images, the tags let them know what the image is about.

The tag appears for the front end user so they also know what the image is about. You can change what appears by altering the title of the image within the WP library where the image is stored, or the alt tag in the same place.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.