Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Need help integrating ads into Dynamix theme…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I run the videogames website Metal Arcade (http://www.metalarcade.net). I recently got accepted by the gaming-centric ad company Intergi. They want me to integrate different size ads on my site, on which I use the Dynamix theme. However, I really have no idea how to integrate ads besides using the Text widget for the 250×300 sidebar ads in WordPress. If I wanted to add a 160 x 600 and a 728 x 90 ad on my site, how would I do this? I'm a total noob with this stuff so please explain in the simplest terms possible. Thanks in advance!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

The only way I can think of doing it via the admin is setting the Footer columns to 1 column and inserting a text widget there, that way you'll have the space. Unfortunately you'll lose any other footer columns you were using. You could see what it looks like placed in the Lower Footer Columns as well?

Jason Bakker
    Participant

I was thinking of putting the wide banner underneath the main header, like this site has http://www.thisisxbox.com/360/

Is there any way to integrate something like that with Dynamix? Thanks!

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Also, is there still no way to show the title of the article overlaying the 3d gallery? I love the 3D theme but it is weird without any title or words over it. Not sure why Accordion has this but not 3d gallery.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The only way I think you'll be able to do that is using a stage gallery with the ad in 1 slide so it's visible at the top. Other than that you'd need to modify the header.php and insert the ad manually. 

Unfortunately the 3d gallery can't have overlays – you would need to build that into the image it self. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.