Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Need help updating Dynamix!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hi everyone. I've been using Dynamix for a while now (since about August of last year). I want to update to the latest version, but I don't know how to do this safely, while still keeping my settings and posts etc. I'm a complete noob when it comes to updating themes, so could someone please explain it to me in the simplest terms possible? I'd truly appreciate it 🙂 

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Your posts and settings are safely stored within the database. You just need to replace the Theme files with the new ones. It's the same as installing – see here Upgrade Theme Version

The best method is FTP – if you're using WordPress admin you will have to delete the theme and re-upload. Install the wp maintenance plugin whilst you're doing this so your users don't see the swap over. 🙂

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks Andy! I'll try it out.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Ok cool, that worked. Only thing that's weird is that it seems to show much more of the posts on the home page, like before it showed only the header pic and an excerpt of the article, not it will show the header plus any videos and more words. Is this just part of the update?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Yes, users requested the ability to view shortcodes within their posts. If you goto DynamiX -> General Settings and check Post Excerpt Shortcode is set to disabled and save it, it should stop them from displaying. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.