Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Need Help with Several Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • nilayshah
    Participant

Hi,

Need some help resolving few issues i am facing:

1) Logo on mobile devices overlap on the slider text on all pages.

2) No CSS written for contact form elements like drop downs, check boxes, radio buttons, file upload etc. in the theme. I am using contact form 7.

3) There is too much blank space on right side of Single Blog Page side bar. I guess the page is divided into 3 columns of 33.33% width, From where can i change it too make the page into 4 columns of 25% each with sidebar of 25% in right column? I want this without writing custom code.

4) When we put a background color in customer reviews section, that background color doesn’t show in the whole section. It just applies to the center container. We see a white patch on both sides of the page. This happens on every page where we have put customer reviews section. How do we solve that?

5) How do we keep a single menu item (Request Quote) always highlighted in blue background rectangle?

6) We are unable to use the name “Portfolio” for main portfolio page as there is already a default archives page name portfolio with a blog like design so we had to use “portfolios” just now to bring back customer to portfolio main page when they click on “portfolio” word from breadcrumb navigation. This creates a problem when showing site hierarchy in search engine . If you open any individual portfolio item page the page hierarchy comes to Home > portfolio > item-name but still if we change the main portfolio page’s name to portfolio it will not show the same page when we click on portfolio from the breadcrumb navigation. So basically there seems to be 2 pages in the website for main portfolio beta.sitename.com/portfolio & beta.sitename.com/portfolios How do we solve that?

Login Credentials to my site will follow in next private message.

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by  nilayshah. Reason: Added more details regarding portfolio page naming issue

nilayshah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @nilayshah

1) I am not seeing this issue from our end. Can you please check and send us screenshots if the issue persists?

2) I tried to add a checkbox and dropdown and the formatting looks identical with the current form. Can you please elaborate so we can check on this?

3) Are you referring to the blog page or the single posts page? If it’s the blog page, you can create a custom Blog page and use Visual Composer to set the width, or we can use the existing one and just modify the dimensions using CSS.

4) If a poage is set is Wide and the background is applied to the Row, it normally covers the whole width. Can you please check if you applied the background to the row or to the column or inner row?

5) You just need to edit the menu then locate the menu item and add ‘current-menu-parent’ as CSS class and that should add a persistent highlight to the menu item, I have done it for you as an example

6) I think that best option for this is to setup a redirect from portfolio to portfolios. This way, only 1 archive page is seen by Search Engines.

Thanks!

nilayshah
    Participant

Hi @nilayshah

1) I do not see the issue on Chrome but when I tested on Firefox, I see the issue. Can you please give me permission to disable all your plugins so we can check if any of them is causing the issue?

2) I see the issue now. The better and easier option is to install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-style/

3) You can use this CSS and paste it to Theme Options > Custom CSS. Adjust the widths based on your preference.

.single div#content {
        width: 75%;
    }
    .single-post .sidebar {
        width: 25%;
    }

4) Can you please specify which page you are seeing this issue so I can personally check it?

5) You can specify another class to the menu to replace ‘current-menu-parent’ then use that class to apply the specific background color to it via CSS

6) It looks like you have sorted this out because http://beta.appsnstuff.com/portfolio/ now works from my end with the grid layout. Can you please confirm?

7) Use this CSS:

@media screen and (max-width: 1024px) and (min-width: 860px) {
    .block.columns.large-3 {
        float: left;
    }
    }

@media screen and (max-width: 860px) and (min-width: 480px) {
    .block.columns.large-3 {
        width: 50%;
        float: left;
    }
    }

This will keep 4 columns until 860px then will switch to 2 columns from 860px to 640px then 1 column for 640px and smaller.

Regards,

nilayshah
    Participant

Hi @nilayshah

1) You just need to delete the top padding that you added to the first row of each pages. The placement/padding is controlled by Javascript, and if the top-padding is declared via Row Settings, this overrides it causing the issue.

I have done it for this page http://beta.appsnstuff.com/who-we-are/ and you should see it now looks good in mobile

2) I have coordinated this with the developer. I will get back to you once I have a feedback.

3) Use this CSS instead to only apply it for devices that are 1024px and wider

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px)
    {
    .single div#content {
        width: 75%;
    }
    .single-post .sidebar {
    }
    }

4) The columns where you added those texts with background are actually not full-width.

For example on this page: http://beta.appsnstuff.com/services/app-development/ If you edit the page and edit the column housing the text box under “Why Choose Us”, you will see under ‘Responsive Options” that the columns width is set to 10 columns (5/6). This is why there are space left and right of it. The best option is to put the column into a separate full-width row and apply the background to it.

5) CSS added via Theme Options will not be overwritten when the theme is updated. Currently, ‘Request a Qoute’ is just inheriting the style from the theme’s skin since the CSS class added to it already has a style. That is why if you wanted a different color, you need to replace the CSS Class added to it then add the CSS for the background color using the class.

8) I think you have sorted this out? Please confirm.

9) I do not see the issue. What browser are you using and can you send us a screenshot?

nilayshah
    Participant

Hi @nilayshah

1) This should be sorted out now. Please check.

4) This should be fixed now. I set the Row Stretch to the row housing the reviews to “Stretch Row” and that fixed the issue

5) I have set this for you. To see how I did it, visit http://beta.appsnstuff.com/wp-admin/nav-menus.php then expand ‘Request a Quote’ and you will see I added a CSS Class.

Go to this page http://beta.appsnstuff.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=options-framework then Custom CSS and you will see I used that class and applied the background to it.

8) Can you please send us a screenshot/mockup so I can visualize this better?

9) This is fixed now. Please check and confirm from your end.

Regards,

nilayshah
    Participant

Hi @nilayshah

2. The style fix has been implemented. Please check and confirm from your end.

8. This requires customizing the theme files which we do not support. One option you can consider is to customize/code your own single.php file for your child theme to have that placement.

9. I have checked the pages and I do not see the issue at all. Can you please clear your browser cache then recheck?

Thanks!

nilayshah
    Participant

Hi,

1) Today i saw, to solve the grey bar issue you added a 0px margin in the first column. It did solve the issue, but because of that now the original issue of logo overlapping the slider content and slider content not scaling in responsive has cropped up again.

2) I don’t see the style fix implemented, all i can see is they added a background behind the browse button (BTW which is also wider than the other fields which makes it uneven). Please see this screenshot to have better clarity of the issue i am pointing at: http://bit.ly/2nJonFB

8) No problem, i got the update from Acoda team on themeforest that they are going to implement this in the next version update releasing soon.

9) I can still see the issues, BTW i am seeing it on Firefox desktop version only.

10) Text in all the parallax section and banners on all pages don’t scale properly when in responsive mode. Specially in tablet mode and less issue on mobile screens.

11) On Home page, in View diverse portfolio section: It displays correctly in mobile view, but as soon as we switch to tablet view, instead of 100% width like mobile view, it display the content in 50% + 50% columns which looks very odd. Any way to display it at 100% width just like in mobile view?

Hi @nilayshah

1. Can you please send screenshots of the issue? I have checked from my end and I do not see the issue from our end.

2. You can implement your own styles to the checkbox and the upload button. A fix to this will be released in the coming update for the theme.

9. Try to add this CSS into Theme Options > Custom CSS:

.row-shape-wrap.bottom {
        margin-bottom: -1px;
    }

10. Can you please send screenshots as well for this?

11. Use this CSS and paste it into Theme Options > Custom CSS > Mobile CSS:

.page .vc_col-sm-6 {
        width: 100%;
    }

Regards,

nilayshah
    Participant

Hi @nilayshah

1. The header background should be gone now. For that space on the flexishape, this will be addressed in the coming update. I temporarily fixed this by commenting out this line from the theme’s style.css
    .vc_row-parent > .vc_column_container > .vc_column-inner {padding-bottom:1.875rem;}

For the text, this is controlled by RevSlider’s JS and the theme style is not overriding it. Can you please update the plugin first then we will retry checking this after.

2. I will confirm this with the developer.

10. Copy and paste this CSS into Theme Options > Custom CSS. You can change the font-size value depending on your preference

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1025px){
    h1{
    font-size: 3.5rem;
    }

h2{
    font-size: 3rem;
    }

h3{
    font-size: 2.75rem;
    }

h4{
    font-size: 2rem;
    }
    }

11. On your last reply, you wanted it on 100% width, so I sent the CSS. If you want it back to 2 grids, then remove the CSS I sent you. In case I misunderstood what you meant, please elaborate or send screenshots of the issue.

Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.