Home / Forums / ePix Support / Need some help…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • David jun
    Participant

Hello.
    First I would like to show my appreciation for your hard work on creating such a great theme. It is a solid theme. Feature rich, functional, and beautiful.
    Here is a site I am working on using your theme.
    1423nw.lejund.com

I have come across couple of things I couldn’t quite work out on my own so I am here asking for your help.

1. How can I make the video in full page slider to play out before moving to the next slide (currently set on images)? Right now… Video keeps playing in the background but the slider slides in the next image.
    I am currently using JWplayer.

2. I would like to disable the auto-hide feature on the menu.

3. How can i disable and hide the “i” icon on the top of the menu. I would like to keep all the social network icons and search icon but don’t want the i icon.

4. Is there also a way to disable the link icons on hover? ie. when I hover over an grid item in portfolio grid, I don’t want the circle with link icon. Same thing for post grids, media grids… I like the zoom effect but don’t want the link icon in the center of the image.

5. Lastly, is there any way to set feature image for the portfolio so that the the feature image only appears on the grid and not the specific portfolio page? Reason I want this is because, the way it’s currently set up, the feature image blows up to fill the width of the screen.

6. in the visual composer, I can’t quite get the Masonry post grid to work properly. All I get is full width images.

Thank you for your hard work.

Best

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  David jun.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  David jun.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thank you for the kind works, truly appreciated!

1. I’ll investigate this as it should shut the video off when changing slides – it appears to be an issue with JW Player only as YouTube and Vimeo work okay.

2. You can disable this via Page > Add Gallery ( tab ) > Fullscreen Slider > Auto-hide Menu > Switch to disable.

3. You can disable this by heading over to Appearance > Widgets > Remove all widgets in “Information Panel” and it will disappear automatically.

4. You’ll need a bit of CSS for that, do you have a link to the pages and I’ll see what I can do.

5. Yes, you can disable the image via Edit Portfolio Post > Additional ( tab ) > Image in Post / Archive > Set to archive or disable ( depending on where you want to show it ).

6. Currently Visual Composer do not support the framework used on the theme ( I’ve asked them to support it, so hopefully it will be implemented soon ). I would use the Grid Gallery instead as this does the same thing and more.

David jun
    Participant

Thank you for the quick responese.
    Everything has been resolved.

With regards to issue #4, pages I need to change are and

In the portfolio archive page, I would like to get rid of the link icon… but still retain ability to click and get in to the specific page.
    In About page, I do not want the light box icon but still want to retain the ability to click and see the image in lightbox.

Thank you.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

If you would require me to make the changes for you, you’ll need to request it via the Customization forum. If you want to have a go at this yourself, I would recommend watching the customization screencast here.

David jun
    Participant

I used these custom css to remove the icons
    i.fa-link {display:none;}
    i.fa-expand {display:none;}
    not sure how good this solution is but seems to work.

One more thing….

on one of my pages… http://1423nw.lejund.com/about-2/
    in the bottom grid gallery, I enabled zoom on hover effect but it is not working. zoom on hover worked in other pages but for some reason on this page, it’s not working.
    on a almost exactly identical page (http://1423nw.lejund.com/gal1423nw/) the zoom on hover works.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  David jun.

David jun
    Participant

In addition to my last question, I came across another issue.
    When using the grid gallery to display posts in grids. there is some alignment issues. things are not aligning correctly.
    Could you please look in to this also.
    here is affected page

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

You’re nearly there ( that will hide all of those types of icons regardless if they were on a Gallery or not ). Try this instead:

.action-icons i.fa-link,
    .action-icons i.fa-expand {display:none;}

The issue you’re having above with the zoom is due to the images having the Black & White effect – unfortunately the zoom and this option do not work well together and therefore it’s disabled when the combination is set.

There was no link, can you post again please.

Kind regards,
    Andy

David jun
    Participant

Here is link to the problem with grid gallery

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

There’s no link?

David jun
    Participant

my bad here is the link
    http://1423nw.lejund.com/press
    http://1423nw.lejund.com/press/

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Can you provide your WP login details please. I’ve never seen that before, I’m not sure how it’s been created.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Also, can you confirm there hasn’t been any modifications to the theme?

David jun
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like the “Filter by Post” was the issue, I’ll have to investigate this as it shouldn’t display like that. I’ve disabled the filter and it now works. Also, Ajax load only works with Slide Sets.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.