Home / Forums / ePix Support / Nested Galleries…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Caroline James
    Participant

Hi, my project is here:
    http://big-mango.com/sue
    to access the backend use: http://big-mango.com/sue/wp-admin
    epix
    epixHelp

My client makes tapestries, and would like to have the close-up shots of her work to display when the user clicks on a piece.

I’ve created slide sets for each piece, and have the close-ups within each slide sets. I also attach a feature image to each slide sets. When I try to assign the slide sets in a page, so I can show all the pieces in a grid, I get a page with ALL of the images in each gallery, the closeups as well as the featured image.

SO…I try creating a portfolio of the slide sets, and check off all the items I wish to use… set the gallery type to grid… and I still get ALL the images in each slide set.

So… I try making a portfolio of each piece, set each one to full screen slider… and then assign a feature image AND a category to each portfolio…and add the category in a PAGE… set the gallery type to grid… so that all the portfolios will display and that works… BUT.. when I go into each LIGHTBOX view, I only get the first image of the gallery, and when I go into the LINK (shows full screen), I can’t get out of the individual full screen mode to continue to the next piece…

I’ve been trying this for the last month, in various iterations.. and now I’m just driving myself crazy. Please, please help me out.

So this is what I would love to have:

Make a gallery with each piece and have their closeups within that gallery.

Create a page with the items I want to show, having only their featured images show.

Click on a featured image to show it larger, and be able to click through the closeups, and easily go to the next piece… and if this isn’t possible, at least easily get out of full screen mode to go to the next piece.

Possible?? What steps should I do to accomplish this? From Slide manager to Portfolio to Page… which gallery types should I click on in the portfolios? and then in the pages?

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

So from what I understand, you want a page with a single image of each piece.

When the users clicks the image, it goes to that page with detailed images of the piece in a grid gallery. When each image is clicked, they open in a looping Lightbox.

We can hide the featured image on post pages too if needs be. Please confirm this is how you want it and I can set up a few test pages for you so you can see how it works.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Caroline James
    Participant

Hi,

Not quite.

1. Grid gallery with individual art pieces 2. User clicks on 1 art piece.
    3. Lightbox opens and displays the close ups of that individual piece.
    4. User can click on the light box “x” to go back to the Grid Gallery… OR… user can continue from that light box clicking the arrows which brings up the next piece in the Grid.

OR…
    3b. full screen display of the individual piece AND the details WITH the option to click out of the full screen display easily to go back to the Grid Gallery.

Right now… if a user clicks on the piece to go to the lightbox… the detailed images don’t show up…
    If they click on the full screen option, the detailed images show up… but then there is no way to click OUT of the full screen to go back to the grid… Seems like a bug to me… not really a custom coding request… right?

Caroline James
    Participant

my litte avatar is HILARIOUS. got a good friday laugh!! whoop!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. 2. 3. You can only display the images in a lightbox that are in the Grid gallery, you cannot pull in detailed images from another datasource for example. If there are 10 images in the grid, when one is clicked, it will scroll through those 10.

3b. Isn’t this the standard function of lightbox though? It displays fullscreen, has a title underneath and when closed, goes back to the gallery.

What exactly do you mean by the detailed images don’t show up? Is there more images to one piece of art? Or do you mean a high resolution image of the image they click? If you mean high res, it is not possible to automatically open it in this mode unfortunately.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.