Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / New to dynamix have some trouble

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Orkhan
    Participant

Hi there. Thanx for amazing theme. im having 3 problems at the moment which i cant solve. (im not a coder :S)

1. My featured images for posts are not showing neither on blog page nor single posts. All posts have featured images but non of them are showing. i tried uploading another image , updating a post not working :S

2. im having trouble with visual composer. When im trying to add some elements it says your layout was created with old version and i have to convert to new one. when i press on convert it messes up everything on that page.

3. Logo image. how do i align it? I want my logo to go left and menu items could be on a same row with logo image. And the same thing when header is minimized (i mean when page scrolled down), So that logo and menu items would be on a same size and row. And on both situations i want header height to be smaller. its covering too much space. Here is my website : http://www.mikrospark.com Thnax in advance waiting forward for solutions 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Orkhan,

1. What settings do you have within Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Post content? If you set it to include an image, it should show your featured images.

2. If you built your site in a much older version of DynamiX, sometimes Visual Composer cannot understand the old shortcodes and puts in what it thinks is relevant. You may have to rebuild some elements if you have updated from an old version as there are massive changes in the way shortcodes and other elements work to keep up with this fast moving industry.

3. You can change the alignment and height etc within the Live Skin Customizer, for more information see the documentation here. But as your menu is very long, you won’t be able to add your logo next to it. You will need to size your menu down by adding some items into more dropdown menus to reduce the width.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Orkhan
    Participant

Thanks for such rapid support:)
    Well i felt really stupid on 1 🙂 It seems i have missed that option

number 3 is fixed too,

number 2 is still a mystery:) i have downloaded and installed dynamix 4 days ago. Shouldn’t it be all updated already? Anyway dow do i update it ?

Have extra questions

4, How do i change menu colors? I mean not only menu font colors. Alla possible colors like mouse hover color, sub menu color and so on

Orkhan
    Participant

i just realized that menu is being left behind the slider. how do i fix it?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just curious which elements you are adding in to make the Visual Composer error appear? That only usually appears when something has been created when manually adding in code or from old shortcodes.

For future reference, please see here for documentation on updating DynamiX.

You can change the menu settings within the Live Customizer. Sub menu color is under Header, font colors are under Font Colors.

I am not sure what you mean by the menu is being left behind the slider? Can you provide a screenshot so I can fully understand what you are referring to?

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Orkhan
    Participant

Hi.
    Im using tour selector element along with text block element and contact form inside text blocks. Im creating them visually. As for menu i meant sub-menus when expanded are being left behind slider. I didnt manage to snapshot while expanded as it automatically closes. But you can observe it live. Just hover on menu item ‘R?f’ and you will notice what i meant. 🙂 thanx in advance

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Orkhan,

Have you modified your menu at all? Have not seen it act like that before. Can you please provide your login details and the page with the troublesome Visual Composer elements on it so I can take a further look please?

Please set your reply to private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Orkhan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Orkhan,

The Visual Composer problem seems like a plugin is affecting it directly. I recommend de-activating each of your plugin one-by-one to find the one that is corrupting it. I think this is the same for the sub menu also.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.