Home / Forums / ePix Support / Newbie needs guidance, please

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • rebecca chute
    Participant

I’m studying the documentation and am trying to do some of this myself as my webmaster is busy, so am a newbie. Please tell me how to change block quotes to the large quotation marks rather than the vertical bars.
    Also, he has loaded photos for a full screen slideshow on the home page but I want to modify the image titles and also enable the user to make them go away. Also would like ability for menu to disappear/reappear if possible.
    Thank you very much!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

You can use Visual Composer to create quotes. As default they are set to big quotes but you can change them back to lines under ‘Type’ when editing the Quote element.

For more information, please see the Visual Composer screencast in the documentation here.

Enabling the user to close the image titles is not possible to do. You can either select them to appear or disappear with the standard theme options.

You can set the sidebar is disappear after a certain time delay on the Full screen slider by editing the fullscreen slider page > scroll down to add gallery > Slide Timeout > Set the time.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

rebecca chute
    Participant

Thank you, Tom!!
    Rebecca

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

rebecca chute
    Participant

I am happy with the theme despite a couple glitches. I had my webmaster here for a work session last night and we started making real progress. 3 questions for you:
    1. On your Contact Us page you have a word in each heading that is a different color and really pops. When we tried to do it, you can barely see it with Raleway so we tried to change the font and can’t override the default or get the color strong enough for contrast. I’d like mine to look like yours. We want to do that on other pages too.
    2. We would like the color to change when you hover over main menu items. We changed it in the menu panel but it only changes for the sub-menus.
    3. We got the quotation marks to work – thank you! But I’d like the person’s name not to be in italics and can’t seem to make it work. Can you help with that?
    Happy to give you 5 stars as soon as we work out the kinks. It’s a beautiful theme!
    Thank you!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. To replicate the contact page titles, see the html that was used below. You will need to edit the text block, switch to the text tab and edit the code.

<h3>WHERE THE <span class="text_linkcolor">MAGIC</span> HAPPENS</h3>

2. You can do this via the live skin customizer. For more information, please see the documentation here.

3. Try adding the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

.blockquote_line, .blockquote_quotes {
    font-style: inherit;
    }

Hope this helps and that would be much appreciated 🙂

Kind regards,
    Tom

rebecca chute
    Participant

Thanks, Tom! BTW – what font did you use for those headings on the Contact Us page?

And one more thing: I’m using full screen images for the Home page slide show, but the menu is blocking the left side of the photos so it’s zooming in in the wrong place and important elements of the photo are being lost. We have it at 2500 pixels by 1656. Is there a remedy you can suggest?

I’ll try not to bother you again – just want it to be perfect. I’ll send the review and the link to the site when we are live – it’s going to be so nice!

Your help is greatly appreciated!!
    Rebecca

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

I recommend not having your images that large as it will cause issues when a slower internet connection user accesses your site. Having your images max width of 1600px will run much better.

You can set the sidebar is scroll away like the demo site for the full screen slider. To do this, edit the page > Scroll down to Add Gallery > Sidebar timeout.

The font used is Quicksand.

Kind regards,
    Tom

rebecca chute
    Participant

You are The Best! Thanks for your quick help. My website developer will be here tonight and we want to get it close to finished. You will definitely get 5 stars from me! 🙂
    Rebecca

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

Much appreciated 🙂

Thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.