Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / News Page (Grid Builder) is not linking to full post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • MayberryG
    Participant

Our news page has a grid gallery of our posts. The titles within the grid are supposed to hyperlink to the post page (full article) but they are not linking. What should I do?

Hi @mayberryg

Can you send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can check on this further from our end?

Regards,

MayberryG
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @mayberryg

If you check your Grid settings, the ‘Content’ is actually set to ‘Text’ and there are no titles included that is why the don’t link.

You’ll understand it better if you edit one of the posts here: http://www.apaienv.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=7156&action=edit

If you check, you started the posts with a new header that is almost identical to the title, and that is what gets scraped by the Grid Gallery.

The better option would be to switch the “Recent Posts” element as this is what it is intended for, unlike the Grid Gallery. I also personally tested this on the page but removed it after.

If set to ‘Text’ as the Content, the ‘Recent Posts’ element will include the title of the blog posts which correctly links to the specific posts. All you need to do is remove the redundant subheadings you added to the posts.

Then you can copy this CSS to make the title bold:

.page.page-id-5281 h4 a {
        font-weight: bold;
    }

Thanks!

MayberryG
    Participant

I understand switching it to “Recent Posts” but when I do the post’s image do not show. Even when I click on image+text. I’m guessing that’s why the site designer built the grid. Any ideas on how I can get the images to show with the excerpt using “Recent Posts”?

‘Recent Posts’ actually relies on the set ‘Featured Image’ for the post to display the images as I tested on our test page here: http://testarea.acoda.com/dynamix/4095-2/

However, it looks like the element is still not working correctly from your site because even if there are featured images declared on a few of them.

Can you please give us permission to disable all your plugins so we can check if any of them is causing this?

If you prefer not to use the Featured Image and only wants to use the exact layout you have now but just link the heading texts, the best option is to manually edit each of the posts add the link to the subheadings you added.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.