Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Next page blog post pagination

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Overdulve
    Participant

Hi,

It took a while before I figured it out, but here’s the issue:

– I wanted to use the VC element ‘Recent posts’, as I liked the layout of it, but that seems to conflict with the DynamiX theme standard settings for the blog page, if you set the page to use the blog template (as I would like to use the pagination option of DynamiX). So I changed this to the DynamiX standard settings, even though I don’t like the post title settings.
    – after applying the new settings, all works fine except for pagination on the first page. The 2nd and 3rd pages do show the right url e.g. http://www.e-me-marketing.com/nl/own-e-marketing-blogs/page/2, but the first page shows it as http://www.e-me-marketing.com/nl/own-e-marketing-blogspage/2.

How can I correct this, knowing that I am a noob with coding (only basic HTML coding for standard / basic templates)? It would be great to know how to use the VC ‘Recent posts’ element with pagination, but I guess I have to deal with this.

Thanks in advance!

Jacco

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacco,

What version of the theme are you using?

Also, what is your permalink settings set to in Settings > Excerpt. It maybe easier if you post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

Overdulve
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I am using the latest version, 4.2.3 (just noticed that a new version is out now, so I’ll update meanwhile). I am not sure about the permalink settings you point to. That is, I can only find permalinks under ‘Permalink settings’ and not as you state via settings/excerpt. I’ll get you the login details in private mode.

Thanks so far,

Jacco

Overdulve
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacco,

It was the permalink structure – it was missing a slash “/” at the end.

Overdulve
    Participant

Hi Andy,

You’re a star! Great job, thanks!

Jacco

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Jacco, have a good day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.