Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Next page function

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to do a page separation on long posts, but it doesn’t seem to work right. I read here that by simply using the <!––nextpage––>  tag in the html editor where you want the page to separate it will do the job, but it’s not doing anything for me.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you confirm if it works in a normal page?

Jason Bakker
    Participant

The only page I have is the home page, I don’t really want  to mess with that…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Have you inserted via HTML view, I’ve tested and it definitely works.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

I’ve used both HTML and visual, did nothing.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Do I have to enable something in WordPress or Dynamix first

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No, it should just work. How are you inserting it?

It should be something like the following;

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

<!--nextpage-->

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

<!--nextpage-->

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Yep, that’s exactly how I tried using it, to no avail. Tried both visual and HTML. I’ll try again right now.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

That’s really weird, just tried it and now it works. Maybe I was missing a hyphen in there or something.

Anthony
    Participant

I have a follow up question to this actually. Is there a way to put forward/back buttons at the bottom of a set number of posts in the blogroll?

For example, having 5 or 6 blog posts per page, where you can go forward or back to the next five etc?

thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Anthony,

I’m not sure what you mean, the blog has pagination, see this page:

http://dynamix.creativeworkz.co.uk/blog/

Anthony
    Participant

Hey Andy,

Sorry yeah thats exactly what i meant! Is there a way to enable the pagination or does it occur by default? Reason being is that mine doesnt appear to do it, its happy to keep growing down the page!!

Thanks!

Anthony
    Participant

Ok i tested it out, and seems to be working now. My apologies!

Thanks!

Jason Bakker
    Participant

I have another question about the next page function. I just added nRelate’s Related Posts to the bottom of my posts, and there is also a Facebook like button that appears there. However, both of those appear above the next page function, and it becomes totally buried to the point that most people wouldn’t realize there’s a second page. Example : http://metalarcade.net/2012/11/feature-nycc-square-enix-action-figures/

Is there a way to get the next page to display first before those two things, and also possibly make it a bit bigger? Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I can’t really extend my support to cover plugins customisation. However I checked the code and unfortunately they’re not using any CSS classes or HTML elements which you could reference to style it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.