Home / Forums / ePix Support / NEXTGEN Gallery Plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • kacor
    Participant

doesn’t working..after activating this plugin I need to load database from backup…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have just tested this plugin and it seems to work fine? Is the plugin putting out error codes at all? Please elaborate on this issue.

Just out of interest, why are you using it over the built in galleries?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jeff Arnold
    Participant

Guys … not sure if this helps with your specific issue, but I had an issue with the NextGen gallery not working (the lightbox feature would not work with the Terso theme).

I thought that is was an issue related to my use of MaxCDN, but it wasn’t. I didn’t work with or without the CDN installed.

I didn’t ‘fix’ this, per se, but found a good work-around that allowed me to use the lightbox feature.

Ffter chatting with the MaxCDN people and checking the support section for the theme (here), I noticed that others used the “jQuery lightbox” plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/jquery-colorbox/) to solve their lightbox issue with the Terso theme.

So, I installed that, set the NextGen lightbox settings to ‘none’ (as recommended by the lightbox plugin author), and it is now working.

Hopefully this helps someone get the lightbox working to their satisfaction.

@Tom – to answer your ‘why not using built in galleries’ — I use several base templates for my clients and I have a ton of different jewelry vendor photos. By setting up the template with the NextGen gallery defaulted in the jewelry pages pulling from ‘tags’ (instead of galleries), I can easily upload the different vendor images, all tagged properly, and the new site will automatically show those new images without much configuration on my part.

Jeff

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the information. I will suggest this to Andy and keep your info in mind.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.