Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / No content shown after update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Overdulve
    Participant

Hi,

I have the awkward situation where the header is shown, but the rest of the page isn’t. This happens with multiple pages after performing the update of Dynamic & VC.

Any suggestions on what might have caused this? My website is http://www.e-me-marketing.com

Thanks in advance!

Jacco

Overdulve
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Meanwhile I found out that Social Icons option of VC cause the page to go blank. Removing this block gives the content back to the page. Any idea what causes this issue, which we may correct without updating VC (which is up-to-date actually)?

Thanks,

Jacco

Jason Bakker
    Participant

I also had this problem after updating VC, Dynamix and WordPress all at once. My site is totally broken right now because of it.

Rolan
    Participant

I have the same problem on yesitmatters.com after latest Dynamix update 5.0.3

The drop down of the Menus don’t work.
    Filters on the Blog don’t work
    Accordian deprecated elements are not working correctly
    Share Icon does not work

Practically the website is unusable!

I removed cache and problem is the same on all browsers.
    Please find the problem ASAP.

Thanks
    Rolan

Tim
    Participant

Same issue here

Liam Serrant
    Participant

This problem is a theme problem. I use WPBakery on two other themes. After updating the plugin, the themes were fine and working properly, no blank white screen.
    So, this can only point to theme vulnerabilities with the plugin. Hopefully they can fix this quickly as I also need to do work on the website using Dynamix.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

I’m going to push out a new update shortly. Visual Composer removed a function and because I didn’t get to test it fully, I didn’t see the error being caused.

Please edit the following files:

Dynamix/lib/inc/shortcodes/social-icons.php
    Dynamix/lib/inc/shortcodes/styled-boxes.php
    Dynamix/lib/inc/shortcodes/pricing-table.php
    Dynamix/lib/inc/shortcodes/text-slider.php

And remove the following line:

$output = $this->startRow($el_position) . $output . $this->endRow($el_position);

Overdulve
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I applied what you suggested, which worked for showing the content in the right way. I now updated Dynamix, with the same effects: the website shows the content in the right way, but I can’t edit the pages. I guess a new update should resolve that?

Thanks,

Jacco

Liam Serrant
    Participant

Hi Andy,

this is the same problem I am having even after updated to v5.0.4 and VC v4.7.4

Thanks

Liam

Liam Serrant
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Everything works now. Strange as I haven’t done anything new or altered anything. I guess it must have been the cache, once that was cleared the new updates were refreshed and worked.

Thanks

Liam

Ian Taylor
    Participant

I too have this problem after uploading the updated theme..

To try to fix the problem I renamed the theme and did a clean upload of Dynamix v5.0.4 with VC v4.7.4
    When I have done this before within the plugin directory it usually says that Revolution Slider and Visual Composer need to be installed.
    This time I have not seen this prompt. Is there a new way to install these 2 plugins?

Could this be part of the problem with blank pages?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ian,

4.7.4 is the latest version – to make sure you’re on the latest version, please check here for how to update them both: http://acoda.com/troubleshooting-guide/

Overdulve
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’m still facing the issue that I can’t edit any pages. Copy and delete do work, edit doesn’t. Can you please have a look at that?

Thanks,

Jacco

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacco,

Please create a new topic and reply to it with your WP login details. I’ll take a look for you. It’s not related to the issue above, it’s worth trying to re-install wordpress and also try disabling all plugins ( apart from VC ) to see if that resolves it.

Overdulve
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I don’t think it’s needed anymore. The strange thing is that editing doesn’t work in a browser on a Windows 7 system (my work laptop), whereas I can do everything on a iMac (working @ home). I guess I need to stay away from my website when I am at work 😉

Should you know the reason for this issue, let me know. Otherwise, I can live with it 😉

Cheers and enjoy the weekend.

Jacco

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.