Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / no menu on tablet

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Niels
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m having trouble seeing any menu on tablets. My site is fine on screen and mobile phones but on my miniiPad and others the menu is disappered. (chrome browser)
    Does anyone know why and what to do?

regards
    nj hansen

http://www.fjordensdag.dk

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi NJ,

Can you please provide a screenshot of what is happening as I am testing this on my iPad 2 in Chrome and I do not see any issues. I know it is not an iPad mini but though it might replicate the issue.

In the meantime, I will try and get hold of one but if you could provide a screenshot that would be great.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Niels
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Niels,

This is very strange indeed. Exactly which version of iPad are you testing on? Are you using the latest version of Chrome?

You might need to reset the cache on your device. Close down Chrome, double tap the home button and close Chrome again. Might be worth turning your iPad off and on again as sometimes they can cache really badly and show the incorrect version of the site.

Please let me know if that solves things.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Niels
    Participant

hi,
    Now i have tested on different mini iPads and different browsers, and removed cache, but still no result.
    The menu is gone

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Niels,

Please can you confirm that this works in Safari? We have tested it on every emulation that we can find for an iPad mini and the menu appears each time. Do you have a mobile menu set?

We have researched into this also and found that the iPad 2 is the same resolution as the iPad mini and it also displays on that too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Niels
    Participant

Its the same problem in Safari. I have tried emulators too and that looks fine. In real world it does not work.Not horizontal and not vertikal
    I don’t have a separat mobile menu set

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Niels,

Right ok, thanks for the information. Please can you test the DynamiX demo site too to see if the same thing happens?

Please provide your FTP details and Andy will have a play with the media queries.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Niels
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Niels,

If it works on the demo site then it is whatever has been changed or added on your site. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

If you have added any custom code, try removing it then adding it back in line by line.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.