Home / Forums / You Theme Support / No Spinning Wheel Contact Form 7

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • awesome
    Participant

Hey there,

The You theme is working wonders for me and everything is going great. I do have one big problem with a lack of feedback with Contact Form 7. When the submit button is clicked, there is no spinning wheel or anything that provides feedback to the user that their message is in the process of being sent.

Therefore users will often click the submit button several times since nothing happens when it is clicked and they think the message isn’t being sent.

Please Note: The form works just fine. When the “send” button is clicked it takes a few seconds to send the form however it sends the form and it also returns a response message of successful submission.

The issue is in the few seconds that the form takes to be sent. There is nothing that shows the process is taking place so users hit submit many times and end up sending several forms at once.

I have done my best to debug. I deactivated all plugins and still no spinning wheel. I have therefore come to conclude that the You theme may have deactivated the Contact Form 7 ajax function perhaps for performance purposes.

May you please help with this?

Hi @norsam

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we could personally check and test on this from our end?

Regards,

awesome
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @norsam

Can you please give us permission to switch your theme to another just to test if this is a default behavior of Contact Form 7?

Regards,

awesome
    Participant

Go right ahead. I have put the website in maintenance mode so that users will not stumble upon it while the theme is changed. You can deactivated the maintenance mode when you are through with testing.

Hi @norsam

It looks like the spinning wheel is missing when using our theme.

I will coordinate this with the developer if there’s an easy way to work around with this.

Regards,

awesome
    Participant

Alright so in the meantime is there anything you recommend I do? My website very heavily relies on Contact form 7 as you may have noticed.

Hi @norsam

There’s nothing we can do on this. We have to wait for an update from the developer.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.