Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / NorthVantage Contact form widget issue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Maxim
    Participant

Hello I am using WP version 3.8.1. Dynamix theme version 4.0.2. WP SMTP version 1.1.6. My new site is in development: http://new2.liveproduction.ru/

I have the following problem with NorthVantage Contact form widget. When I add to my site this contact form, I never receive any messages through this form. WP SMTP is working fine and I receive messages through other forms on my site. I think the porblem is in /wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/contact-send.php There is a standart function mail() instead of wp_main(). This issue probably lead to malfunction of this widget.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The should be no reason why mail isn’t sending. It works fine on our test site. Is your server on Window or Linux? If you have a Windows server, check with your hosting company to see if you have PHP Mail installed on your server or else no mail will send from any themes contact form.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Maxim
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    > The should be no reason why mail isn’t sending. It works fine on our test site.
    There is one reason – when wordpress server is separated from domain’s mail server

> Is your server on Window or Linux?
    Debian Linux 7 wheezy x86_64, php 5.4

> If you have a Windows server, check with your hosting company to see if you have PHP Mail installed on your server or else no mail will send from any themes contact form.
    Php installation contains everything required. The issue is that you are using standard php function mail() instead of using recommended way – function wp_mail, which is defined in wordpress root /includes/ The email sent from /wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/contact-send.php is reaching internal mail server, but domain mail is outside. We use WP SMTP plugin, which overrides standard wordpress function wp_mail.
    So imagine you have your test site with wordpress, but domain’s email @example.com is hosted outside – go daddy, google apps, outlook.com.
    if you try too send an email with mail() from visitor@visitor.com to my-email@example.com then email hosting will not accept that emails because of wrong SPF/DKIM and so on.
    So in your test environment you didn’t suggest, that the server with wordpress can be separated from customers’ mail server.
    Another issue is that even with trying to set correct mail headers in /wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/contact-send.php mail server is rewriting sender to web-server-user@localhost, where web-server-user is apache, php-fpm or www-data (for debian-based installation)

What we need is to include/require/require_once standard wordpress functions, and use wp_mail() function instead of mail().

Regards,
    Maxim

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will speak to Andy (theme creator) about this and get back to you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Maxim
    Participant

Just for your info. We moved our site to a new address: http://www.liveproduction.ru new2.liveproduction.ru is closed.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Andy is going to look into this further. When he tried it, it didn’t work with wp_mail hence why it was not done in the past. He thinks it is due to the Ajax method which is why it does not work with wp_mail, and he will be testing this a lot more.

For now, we recommend using the contact form 7 plugin as this should work with your server.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thin_
    Participant

hello,

i have the same issue – contact form 7 is working, so is wp smtp, but the northvantage form is not sending mails …
    i like the style of the northvantage and would love to use it.

any solutions since last year?

Thin_
    Participant

using the epix theme …

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s due to your server, some servers ( mainly windows servers from what I’ve experienced ) do not allow this to work for some reason. Unfortunately Contact Form 7 would be the only solution.

Thin_
    Participant

okay, thanks.. then i will live with the good old 7.
    nice theme though, great to customize!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.