Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / NorthVantage Widget Gallery – BUGS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Thanatermesis
    Participant

This is a list of some bugs found in the Widget of NorthVantage Widget Gallery, used here for the footer’s testimonial (content type: text).

– Height/Width values: seems like to not change anything
    – Select Post Categories: seems to be totally ignored and “any” categories are used since they are in the quote format

Actually I have hard trying to put different testimonials for different pages (different topics), but in fact the category selection seems to not work at all

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The gallery will only go as wide as the width of the columns set. You can change the footer column number within Appearance > Theme Options > Footer > Columns.

I have just tested this on my server and it only picks up the categories selected. Which version of DynamiX are you currently using? Please reply with your login details so I can take a further look into this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

Thanks, what about the other bug? I can’t select the categories to use because they are ignored:

– Select Post Categories: seems to be totally ignored and “any” categories are used since they are in the quote format

Im using last version of dynamix (always updating when a new version comes out)

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please reply with your login details so I can take a further look into this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Thanatermesis
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We added manual code into a HTML/Text widget so this would work. The Gallery widget has a bug in that Andy will fix this ASAP. For now we have added a stage gallery in that pulls in the posts. To add more categories, you will need to edit/preview the code within the widget.

We also added in a test post in to test things out, just so you know.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

[postgallery_image id="stage_testimonials" data_source="data-2" categories="testimonials-best" post_format="quote" orderby="ASC" flickr_set="No username entered" animation="scrollHorz" tween="easeOutSine" navigation="disabled" timeout="6"]

[postgallery_image id="stage_testimonials" data_source="data-2" categories="testimonials-best" post_format="quote" orderby="ASC" flickr_set="No username entered" animation="scrollHorz" tween="easeOutSine" navigation="disabled" timeout="6"]

Thanks! this code is very useful (i pasted it here just to have it as a reference, and for other users too), I have not finished to check all the documentation but I was not able to figure out how to get those codes yet,

Maybe could you include a list of all the existent shortcodes with all the options in a kind of reference page in the documentation? Should be needed some easy way to customize needed shortcodes, or any better idea about how to get a full list?

Thanks
    Thanatermesis

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

There are so many options that people wouldn’t read it. Thats what the Visual Composer is for. You can always switch back to Classic Editor to edit shortcodes then switch back.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.