Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Nothing shows up like in the demo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Aaron
    Participant

I admit I'm a total n00b with themes.  I uploaded the theme, launched the index.php and none of what I saw in the demo showed up.  All I saw was the colors, two black bars.  No menus even.

It's obvious I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.  Can someone point me in the right direction so it looks like the demo at least?  Thanks for the help!

Aaron
    Participant

Ok, never mind that first question, I figured it out.  Next question.  No matter what image I select, the image rotator on the first page always shows a broken image.  I followed the tutorial to the letter and it still doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, can I change the image rotator to java based as flash is being phased out?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Can you send a link please. 

The Flash gallery will revert to a Stage gallery if the likes of iPhone or iPad is using the site. 

Aaron
    Participant

http://www.npinc.ca/newsite/

Thanks very much for your help.  BTW, it doesn't show up on my iPhone either, funny you mention them.

Aaron
    Participant

One more thing.  I need to adjust the width of a blockquote_quote tag.  For testimonials it centers it in the center of the screen, but makes the text big and the column narrow.  I need to adjust this.  Where can I find it?

Aaron
    Participant

No images show up.  Just finding out now it doesn't matter where on the page they go, or what file format I use.  What's going on?  Is it that mod rewrite code breaking it?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The images show fine for me. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the testimonial text, can you send a link please?

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I've been plugging away at it.  I found an error in the logs about modsecurity.  I sent an email to my host and they had it fixed in a matter of minutes.  Apparently it was their firewall.  They also set all the settings in my WordPress to work best with their server.

The Testimonial text was the blockquote_quote shortcode.  I found it in the CSS and changed the width to something wider.  So that's now fixed too.

Now all I have left to worry about…at least for the moment…is in the footer.  The recent posts only give the title.  I want to have an excerpt of the post, but no idea how to do that.

Thanks so much for everything so far.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron, there is a plugin which uses categories to pull posts and allows excerpt and image, I want to implement something like this in the future. 

If you want you can display single posts and animate through them using the DynamiX Widget Gallery but this might not be what you need. 

Aaron
    Participant

Can you point me to the plugin?  I'm looking for one now, but the ones I found are crappy.  Also, I need another widget for the bottom that will just display "follow us" along with a list underneath with an icon.  ie:

Follow us:

Facebook

Twitter

RSS

Just like that, nothing else. 

Aaron
    Participant

Also, two more things at the moment.  The menu at the top.  Can I shift it off to the right and make my logo bigger?

Can I edit the header to have a shopping cart link in there?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You'll find guides on how to change the header logo and menu alignment within the How To Guides on this site. 

As for the plugin – how about this one http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yd-recent-posts-widget/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.