Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Onepage navigation in menu – anchor issue

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Once the fix is figured out, this should be released on the next update.

Regards,

The issue stems from line 1116 in acoda-script.pack.js:

$(‘a[href^=”#”]:not([href=”#”])’).not(‘.ui-tabs-nav a, a.vc_carousel-control,.vc_tta-panel-heading a,.vc_tta-tab a,.vc_pagination-item a’).on( “click”, function()

Changing ‘a[href^=”#”]:not([href=”#”])’ to ‘a[href*=”#”]:not([href=”#”])’ solves the problem. Unfortunately this can only be changed in the script itself and not by monkey patching as this part of the jQuery script is not defined as a plugin ($.fn).

In addition you set the header_height hardcoded to 70 for the sticky header in function acodaAnchorScroll. As a result anchors are scrolled directly to the sticky header without any space between it. There should be a setting in the theme to allow some distance between the bottom of the header and the anchor target.

Regards

Michael

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Andy here. Unfortunately, It’s been a combination of many things that have contributed to the delay, but all of which would be an excuse. So please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay here.

I have changed the script to href* instead of href^, so that it can detect anchor links within a URL and not just URL’s that begin with #.

As for the stick header, I’ve changed the value to 100. That’s 70pixels for the sticky header ( which is default, unless modified ), plus the standard gap size used throughout the theme ( 30px ).

It will be included within the next update.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Thank you. Good to see the changes I made myself become now official.

Kind regards

Michael

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.