Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Open Graph Protocol with special pages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Diego Soto
    Participant

Hello.

I’m using “Open Graph Facebook, Google+ and Twitter Card Tags” and integrated WooCommerce.

The problem is that in the special page set as Store (do not know as it is named in english installations: Store or Shop), and the special page indicated for Entries, the plugin can not read the title, url, excerpt, image, etc, then the plugin can not generate properly the “Open Graph Protocol” information, og: metatags.

I tried programming php, myself, but neither works.

Why not work with these special pages?

You can see this in the following pages, versus all other pages and entries.
    http://www.dynamic-ep.com.ar/tienda/
    http://www.dynamic-ep.com.ar/articulos/

Thank you very much.

Diego Soto

PS: I take this opportunity to share this code to get the popup window appears share. I would like the theme, implemented the option to share via a popup, instead of full screen as it currently does.

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

// link selector and pop-up window size
    var Config = {
    Link: ".socialicons a",
    Width: 500,
    Height: 500
    };

jQuery(Config.Link).live('click', function(){

// popup position
    var
    px = Math.floor(((screen.availWidth || 1024) - Config.Width) / 2),
    py = Math.floor(((screen.availHeight || 700) - Config.Height) / 2);

//newwindow=window.open($(this).attr('href'),'','height=450,width=700');

// open popup
    newwindow = window.open($(this).attr('href'), "social",
    "width="+Config.Width+",height="+Config.Height+
    ",left="+px+",top="+py+
    ",location=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,status=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1");

if (window.focus) {newwindow.focus()}
    return false;
    });
    });
    </script>

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Diego Soto. Reason: Sharing popup
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Diego,

Unfortunately the page set by woocommerce is not actually a page. I think it would be best to contact Woocommerce to ask what would be the best solution for this.

With regards to the popup, thank you for the code, that works nicely. I have developed something similar for a new theme which will make it’s way into current themes. I can’t do a popup for all social icons because you can change the URL, however you’ll be able to add a variable to the URL to specify popup or not.

Diego Soto
    Participant

Hi Andy.

Ok with Woocommerce, but, “Posts page” wich is defined in “Reading Settings”? It has the same problem.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It’s best to disable the posts page and set a page with a blog template. Setting the posts page again isn’t physically a page.

Diego Soto
    Participant

Yes sir. It worked. Thank you.

I will claim this to WooCommerce, but maybe you can help claiming you too, because your voice is probably stronger than mine, because you have a theme used by thousands.

Thank you very much.

Diego Soto

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.