Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Page/Post Gallery not recognising Gallery Slide Sets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Barry Ridley
    Participant

Hi, I've reinstalled the theme and child before posting this, but I'm stumped.

I've set up a main (page) Grid Gallery using the options and Gallery Slide Set, and everything is fine. As are other main Gallery types.

The problem I have is when I create a gallery on the page the Gallery Slide Sets are not being recognised. The top Gallery is acting fine but any on-page gallery fails. Tried using posts (one post for each image) and that doesn't work at the moment.

If I try to add a "shortcode gallery" to the page it just adds "undefined". If I select a post category it adds the shortcode but doesn't display anything.

Help?

Barry Ridley
    Participant

I've noticed that for the main page gallery options, when I select a Gallery Slide Set it adds a box below that dropdown menu showing the name with a red cross for removing. I can add multiple Gallery Slide Sets too.

If I select a Gallery Slide Set on the shortcode version it doesn't do this. The item I've selected is just displayed in the drop down menu.

I think that is a clue to the problem maybe?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Barry, 

What version of DynamiX are you using? What gallery are you trying to add and I'll try reproducing the error. 

Barry Ridley
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Using DynamiX 2.8.7 and (although not working for any gallery) I need to use a grid gallery for the filtering option.

Using Mac OS X 10.6.8 and using Firefox 8.0.1 if that helps 🙂

Haven't got any WordPress plug-ins running now.

As an update: if I create a post and include an image (created four posts with four different images) and put them into a category the gallery accepts this and I have an on page gallery. The thing is I need the filtering, so at best this is an option just in case.

Thanks in advance, Barry

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Barry,

I found the issue – if you download the following fix it should be okay then. http://help.themeva.com/index.php.zip

Unzip the file and replace DynamiX/lib/adm/index.php with downloaded file. Let me know how it goes. 

Barry Ridley
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I see that I now have check boxes instead of the dropdown menu and they are working perfectly.

Also, I haven't said this yet but whole system is genius. Wish I'd discovered it before using StudioPress! Everything I do for websites will be built using your system.

Thank you for sorting this, much appreciated.

Cheers, Barry

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No worries Barry, I'm glad you like it! 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.