Home / Forums / ePix Support / Pages jump to top while loading clicked link or menu item

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Beth Olson
    Participant

Every time anyone clicks a link on my site (in text, the menu etc.) the page they are on jumps to the top while the website thinks about loading the next page. This is causing a lot of frustration and confusion to visitors.

The most common issue is when a visitor scrolls down a photo portfolio page (ie. Weddings) then clicks a link such as from the menu to look at a different portfolio page (ie. Engagements) the portfolio page (weddings) they are currently on jumps back to the top of the page as if it’s the new page they clicked the link for but really the website is still thinking and loading the next page(engagements).

This has been an issue since I first started using this theme but it wasn’t until recently that I started asking people about my website and it was one of the biggest complaints. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Hi @betholsoncreative

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally check on this from our end?

Regards,

Beth Olson
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m sorry I never saw that you responded. If it’s not too late, I’d still love some help with this.
    The website is http://www.TwistedAisleWeddings.com

If you scroll down the page a bit then select a different page from the menu, you’ll see how the site jumps back to the top of the current page before taking the user to the link they clicked on.

Thanks,
    Beth

Hi @betholsoncreative

I see the behavior that you described. Can you please send over your login credentials and give us permission to disable all your plugins so we can test if any of them is causing it?

Thanks!

Beth Olson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @betholsoncreative

It seems weird as I am no longer seeing the issue from our end when I checked it again. Can you please clear your browser’s cache and recheck the site?

Regards,

Beth Olson
    Participant

That IS strange because I still have it happening in all the browsers even after clearing the cache (firefox, safari, and chrome). I noticed that is also did the jump to the top regardless of if I clicked a link in the menu or if I pasted a link to another page (or another site) in the address bar and hit enter.

Hi @betholsoncreative

I checked again your site on all browsers and I am again seeing the issue. I checked also your Dashboard and found out that you are still using an outdated version of Visual Composer. Can you please delete the existing version of Visual Composer and then install the new version (4.11.2)? Once updated, please check your site if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Beth Olson
    Participant

Hi,
    I deleted all versions of old plugins and installed the newest versions fresh. I updated all other updates, even for items that don’t seem to have any direct connection to the theme. I even installed the recommended “revolution slider” even though I don’t use it for anything. Nothing seems to have affected the page jump.

Sorry, this is such a pain. If other people haven’t experienced this problem, we can just let the mystery be. I don’t want you to feel like you need to spend a bunch of time trying to fix something that could end up not even being an actual problem with your theme.

Hi @betholsoncreative

I have checked on this further, and it looks like it is default behavior on the Epix theme. It was not particularly obvious on our test site because we enabled the preloader animation in it. If you also test it http://testarea.acoda.com/epix/contact-us/, you will see that there is a split second that the issue is evident before the preloader shows up.

The best option for now would be to enable the preloader on your site as well so that the ‘jump’ will not be too obvious.

There is a pending update for Epix that will be released soon, and hopefully this behavior will be sorted out.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.