Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Pagination result page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • pierrehollenbeck
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem with the pagination on the results page.

When I do a search, the results are displayed, but when I want to go to the second page, the result is ” No messages found ” while other results are available normally.

Pleas go to the second page of this example : http://www.votre-clinique.fr/pays/hongrie/?post_types=clinique

Thanks in advance.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I couldn’t see a second page on the URL you gave above. I’ve checked the search on http://dynamix.themeva.com and there isn’t an issue there. It maybe worth disabling your plugins one-by-one to see if any are conflicting with the search.

pierrehollenbeck
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed the link is failing, i apologize.The problem is visible at this address (go to the second page): http://www.votre-clinique.fr/pays/turquie/?post_types=clinique

Also currently the clinics are displayed in order of creation during a search, is it possible to show up in random order ?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide your WP login details please, I’ll see to see how this has been configured. Is it a plugin that created the post type?

pierrehollenbeck
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

pierrehollenbeck
    Participant

Hi,

Just kindly pulling-up thread

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s difficult to see what is happening here but the URL above isn’t a normal format for the archive and the ?post_types=clinique will break the pagination.

I’ve tested with other post formats and it works fine, including the Portfolio format included with the theme. Does the post_type “clinique” have categories?

pierrehollenbeck
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    Yes, the clinique posttype doeas have custom taxonomies as well.
    … the fact that the portfolio works pretty much for everything, I am wondering if it wouldn’t be just easier to duplicate the portfolio post type – whci is integrated in to dynamix?
    What do you think?
    We have just duplicated the site on http://www.beautytravel.fr in order to make test and work deeply into it.
    Would it be very “complicated” to duplicate the portfolio post type? If you could (let’s say) give me list of the files I need to go into I think I could do it without losing too much time searching for the corresponding php files?

Let me know what your think.
    thanks P
    Pierre

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Pierre,

The Portfolio Post Type is created via DynamiX/lib/adm/inc/register-post-types.php – you could duplicate what I’ve used in there. It’s strange the above post type isn’t working.

pierrehollenbeck
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    I ‘m currently worling on register-post-types.php and ading my post types.
    I will let you know how the pagination works as soon as I finish all the test .
    Quick question: Will I be able to benefit easily of all teh built in features on portfolio with my custom post types? For instance using grid gallery features with my custom taxonomies?
    thanks.
    Pierre

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Pierre,

You can add the Gallery via the Visual Composer. You can enable that via Settings > Visual Composer.

If you want the page options, the only way to enable those options is to goto DynamiX/lib/adm/meta-options/options-meta.php – there are various sections which you can add your post type too. Search for // Post type and you’ll see the array which you can modify. Do you not the Slide Set one, this will not work.

pierrehollenbeck
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for your reply .
    I’ll rephrase it, as my question should have been clearer.
    How can I see my posttype categories in the grid gallery ( like portefolio category can be choosen in the grid gallery) ?
    thanks.
    Pierre

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Pierre,

Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately that’s not possible currently – it’s not a straight forward task.

pierrehollenbeck
    Participant

Hi Andy,

We solved the problem with the integration of a new pluging.

We switch from “Search and filter” to “Ultimate WP Query Search Filter”. The “search and filter” use archive.php while “Ultimate WP Query Search Filter” use seach.php

Thanks for you help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s great, thanks for posting up your solution.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.