Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Paragraph formatting not working in Visual Composer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
  • Allan
    Participant

Hi.
    I would be grateful if you could tell me how to make the pre-formatted headings drop down work in Visual Composer or is that not possible?
    At the moment the only way to access the Paragraph Dropdown is when you are in Classic mode.
    When using either frontend or backend visual composer in a text box, the drop downs to select different headings simply do not work?
    Please let me now if this is an actual problem or if I am doing something wrong?
    Thanks a lot, Allan

Hi @allanl

I checked and tested this on our test site and I was able to access the paragraph dropdown when in FrontEnd editor.

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so I could test this further from our end?

Regards,

Allan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @allanl

I tested this again and was able to access the paragraph dropdown on FrontEdit editor.

If you could send screenshots on the issue, we would appreciate it. Also, what browser are you using?

Regards,

Allan
    Participant

Hi.
    Thank you for looking at this.
    I normally use Chrome so I logged in with IE 11, no plugins enabled and it still did the same thing, please see link to page where I have placed the screenshot:
    Thank you, Allan

Allan
    Participant

https://optimum.plus/sample-page/

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

Hello I have this problem too…. has it been resolved?
    Thanks
    Kirsten
    (sorry if I’ve posted this again)

Hi @allanl

I have again tested this on multiple computers and on different browsers and it is not behaving that way, Thus, this could be a local issue – a browser issue rather.

You can try to reinstall your browser and try again.

Hi @kjplatt

Can you try to reinstall your browser as well and also please send your site’s URL and login credentials so we could test this on our end?

Regards,

Allan
    Participant

Hi Acoda.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Windows 7 Professional, fully up to date, Avast AV.
    Process so far:
    Ran CCleaner.
    Uninstalled Google Chrome
    Ran CCleaner
    Rebooted PC
    Installed Google Chrome with zero extensions enabled.
    Logged into my site, still unable to use format / headings in visual composer, both front and backend.
    Paragraph formatting works in Classic Mode.
    Any ideas?
    Site is on SiteGround Severs.
    Thanks a lot, Allan

Hi @allanl

We’ve actually been getting reports with the same issue. By the way, what PHP version are you currently using?

I will coordinate this with the developer to have this issue check further. I’ll update you once I have an update on this.

Regards,

Allan
    Participant

Hi Acoda.
    Checked the Siteground cPanel.
    The system default php version is: 5.6.31 which I believe is being used as I have not changed it.
    I have options to change to: 7.0.22 , 7.1.8 or go back to earlier 5.5.38
    Please advise, thanks a lot, Allan

jfennel
    Participant

Hello!

I just purchased the theme tonight. I’ve uploaded everything successfully and installed the recommended plugins. After going through and customizing pages and so on, I noticed my Visual Composer was not working either, After going back to my plugins page, this is what it says:

WPBakery Visual Composer
    Drag and drop page builder for WordPress. Take full control over your WordPress site, build any layout you can imagine – no programming knowledge required.
    Version 5.1.1 | By Michael M – WPBakery.com | View details

****There is a new version of WPBakery Visual Composer available. View version 5.2.1 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin. To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit settings to activate your Visual Composer. Got Visual Composer in theme? (LINK)

The link — https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/VC/pages/524337/Can+I+update+Visual+Composer+if+I+have+purchased+it+in+a+theme

On this page it says:
    How to update and receive support if I do not purchase direct license?
    In such case you need to wait on your WordPress theme author to update Visual Composer on their side and push it to you. Also support related questions should be addressed to your WordPress theme provider.

Will the updated version be provided? I just purchased the theme tonight.

Thank you!

Hi @allanl

I will forward this now to the developer. I’ll update you once I have an information from the developer regarding this issue.

Hi @jfennel

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we could personally check on this from our end?

Regards,

jfennel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @allanl

I checked your Dashboard and you are currently using the updated version of YOU theme and Visual Composer.

You just have to disregard the notification for Visual Composer as the plugin will work even without license.

I have also tested the Visual Composer and it works both on FrontEnd and BackEnd editor. If you could send screenshots, we would appreciate it.

Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.