Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Parallax is very choppy on scroll. Suggestions?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Matt Humble
    Participant

Please check out my site here. The Parallax on scroll is really choppy. I’m not sure if its because the photos are too large, or maybe I have a too slow server.

Thanks, for your help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

It’s probably due to having 3 different Parallax instances on the page. It’s pretty smooth for me, I’m using Chrome on a Mac ( it’s smooth in Safari ) too, what are you using?

Matt Humble
    Participant

Using chrome on a macbook as well. Thing is many other parallax sites scroll much smoother than this page. Am I using any industry non-standards that would be causing issues? I realize its a fairly heavy css animation page, but i just expected it to flow a little nicer than it does.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The animation might be contributing, but I can’t see why that would happen once they have animated in. For me, it’s pretty smooth, enough for me not to be concerned with it.

I have noticed the images are very large. I’d keep them to a maximum of 2500 ( 2000 is still acceptable too ).

Matt Humble
    Participant

Tried it on a different computer entirely. Appears to scroll fine. That’s disconcerting…

Thanks for your help, obviously not the site.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Have you tried shrinking the photos? Do you run many add-ons for Chrome, might be worth seeing if they’re affecting it.

Matt Humble
    Participant

All the pics are 1920×1080 or smaller. I think it was my browser. However, even on other users browsers, its still just a bit choppy. Choppier than some other parallax sites I’ve looked at. Could it be related to server load? I’m not sure how efficient our server is.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

The parallax effect is all done in the browser. It all depends whats in view. If there are two parallax sections in view when scrolling, this will put strain on the computer to render both at the same time. Content can affect things too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.