Home / Forums / ePix Support / Parallax problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Jakub Trávní?ek
    Participant

Hello,

I have some parallax issue. I followed your parallax instruction video on youtube step by step. When I add a new row and set some image to this row it is ok, but when I add parallax effect to this image, the image simply disappear.
    I have tried full height and custom height, also paralax with fade and still the same problem. A have lattest version of wordpress so as epix theme.

Thanks for you help

JT

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi JT,

Are you using the latest version of the theme ( 2.0 ) and are you using the latest version of the Visual Composer which is bundled with the theme. See here for updating Visual Composer: http://help.themeva.com/theme-issues/

Jakub Trávní?ek
    Participant

At first I would like to thank for your advice. Problem was that I havent updated Visual Composer. Now the parallax is working BUT is it possible to quicken the effect like before update?

I have one more question. Wnen I add an element with image effect and give some tittle to this image, there is no title background and the title is unreadable on some images. How can I fixe this?

Thank you for your willingness

JT

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi JT,

You may have to edit the row with the Parallax on and re-select it. Depending on when the row was created, it may not fully convert over to the new version.

Do you have a link to show me what you mean? It’s worth providing your WP login details too so I can assess what maybe the issue.

Jakub Trávní?ek
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi JT,

The parallax effect is different to before and it is slightly slower. The demo one is the same as your version.

As for the titles, this is due to the Skin you’re using. In the Skin > Body > Background, you have it set to semi-transparent. Therefore those titles are too.

If you don’t want to change the transparency, I could override it with a bit of CSS. Add this to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

.caption.skinset-main {background:#fff !important;}

Jakub Trávní?ek
    Participant

Hi again,

thanks a lot for that CSS customization that really helps, but I am afraid there is one more thing. I cant save changes in customization – when I want to change color or transparency of background and click to “save and public changes” nothing will happen. Also in customization mode the page layout is deformed (there are huge spaces under objectives). This problem is the same in IE and does not occur with other themes.

I have tried: reinstall the theme and visual composer, deactive all plugins, install WPSupercache plugin

Would be glad if you can look into my WP administration. Login and pass is the same.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you confirm you’re editing the Skin you’ve got set as your default Skin. It looks like the skin has changed since yesterday?

I recommend using Chrome whilst using the Customizer, it should display pretty much as the front end does, do you have a screenshot please?

Jakub Trávní?ek
    Participant

Hi,

Yes the skin has changed, it change the color after I close customizer even though the page show window that changes wont be saved if I leave the page. The problem is that I cant edit the page “live” in customizer. AND even though the color remains saved, transparency will not.

This is how the spaces looks like: http://snag.gy/2C7Si.jpg – This problem is only in customizer and it would not matter, if the saving works fine.

Thnak you for your patience!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Which transparency option are you changing?

The customizer is just a representation of the site, some CSS can interfere with the customizer and show goofy results like the spacing obove. Unfortunately there isn’t a lot that can be done about that. It’s always best to make a change in the customizer, save it and have another tab open which shows the actual web page, refresh that for an accurate representation of the changes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.