Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Parallax question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Matt Humble
    Participant

The parallax scrolling on our newish site looks pretty nice, but I feel like it could look better. Take a quick look at the parallax effect on this site compared to our new site. Any thoughts on how we can achieve this nicer scrolling effect? Is it our photos? Its hard to describe the quality I’m comparing, but on the site we’re emulating, the scroll seems to reveal more of the photo.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Matt Humble.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

The scroll speed can play a role in the amount of the image that is being displayed.

You can try this out yourself by editing DynamiX/vc_templates/vc_row.php and find the following line:

$wrapper_attributes[] = 'data-vc-parallax="1.5"'; // parallax speed

Play around with the 1.5 value to see if you can find a setting that suits your site.

Matt Humble
    Participant

Interesting, that might be what I’m looking for. So it looks like increasing the speed is maybe close to what i want. unfortunately, the effect is not quite ideal. it looks like it just zooms in on the picture. I’ll keep playing with it.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The reason it zooms more is because if you think about what it’s doing, it has to increase the size of the image so when the page scrolls, it has to scroll the image in the opposite direction – if it’s no scaled large enough, it will get to the end of the image and the effect would stop. Try decreasing the speed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.