Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Parse error when searching site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • Natalie
    Participant

When doing any kind of search (search bar) you land on a blank page with parse error:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/search.php on line 24

I reuploaded the search.php page, but did not fix. Not sure how to fix..

http://goldengatebpo.com/

Thanks in advance!

Hi @gediweb

Can you please send over your login credentials so we could personally check on this issue from our end?

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @gediweb

Can you please give us permission to disable all your plugins to test if any of them is causing the issue? Please backup your database before we do so.

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant

Yes. You can. Thank you.

Hi @gediweb

We tried to disable all your plugins and the issue persists.

Can you please send over your site’s FTP login? I will try to upload fresh copies of the theme files.

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @gediweb

I have uploaded a fresh copy of the theme and the error still persists. We also renamed the cache folder and still not working. Can you please specify what PHP version of your server is currently running?

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant

Hi,

We’re using PHP 7.0
    Hosting is Hostgator Cloud Hosting.

Hi @gediweb

Have you been using the same PHP version or was this upgraded from an older version? If it was upgraded, has this worked before the upgrade was done?

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant

Yes. I believe it’s the same php version. We did switch from shared hosting to cloud hosting recently.
    That’s the only thing I can think of that changed.

I also just checked the site with 7.1 and 7.1 edge and still the same error. (I switched it back to 7.0)

Are there any php settings I should look at? It’s possible the new cloud hosting has different settings than old server…

Here is the phpinfo: http://goldengatebpo.com/phpinfo.php

Hi @gediweb

Thanks for elaborating.

I have coordinated this with the developer and we will get back to you once we have more information on this.

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant

Hi,
    I was wondering if you have an update on this?

Thank you!

Hi @gediweb

Our apologies for the delay.

I will make a follow-up with the developer regarding this. I will update you once I hear from him.

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant

Any updates on this? Search still does not work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.