Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Perplexing Problem (maybe) with IE9

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Mark McCormick
    Participant

I have a client that we took her old site and updated it to a modern look utilizing Dynamix.
    I’ve been a big fan of your code and also bought terso for a future update of my own site.

The site in question is http://basicnwfl.com/
    I’ve tested this on my own development machines with IE11, Chrome, Android Phone, IPAD Mini, MacBook, & Windows Phone.
    It works responsively and perfectly in all instances.
    The client has IE 9 and reports that certain pages crash and when refreshed a text version and other broken looking anomalies occur. The client is insisting that I rewrite the site so it will run on IE9. Kinda impossible to do that!
    Have you heard of any IE9 incompatibilities? I am always loathe to point to the customers machine as the cause of problems and I’ve seen the same crash occur on another machine but when I test the site with browser analysis sites that render pages under various versions of IE the pages all display correctly.

I am well aware of the cautions regarding IE 9 and its security flaws and not only pointed this out to the client, I put a recommendation on the bottom of the site urging people to upgrade.

Is there some setting or tweak in CSS that might be triggering this? Is there anything to be done other than telling the client to upgrade – kind of at my wit’s end trying to satisfy the un-satisfiable. The client is demanding that I take the caution disclaimer section down and threatening to sue at this point (something I’m not particularly worried about.)

Do not misunderstand me – I’m quite satisfied with my work and with your code – just grasping at straws for a simple setting or fix. I am wondering if it is a timing issue. Any thoughts you or the support community might have would greatly be appreciated.

If necessary I can provide admin credentials.

Also appreciate your help.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the kind words, I know the pain that clients can cause sometimes!

Do you know exactly which page is crashing on their computer? I see that you are using DynamiX 4.0.7, a new update was released last week which I recommend updating to. Also, I recommend updating Visual Composer and WordPress if you haven’t already just a precautions.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Get them also to reset their browser cache as sometimes the browser can get caught up in old code if they are refreshing it a lot to see your new amendments.

If you let me know which page it is I can test it in IE9 to see if I have the same issues. Is it crashing the whole browser so it stops in it’s tracks? Then a text version appears?

If you can, I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting then testing again in IE9 as sometimes plugin confliction can play a massive role. Especially if you have a plugin on that page that is crashing, this is usually a big tell tell sign.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.