Home / Forums / ePix Support / Photos appear squished on mobile device

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Lon Gross
    Participant

I have photos displayed on my home page in a stage gallery, when I look at them on my iPhone, they are squished in from the sides so they are disproportionately higher than they are wide. I have responsive design enabled so what could be causing this!? My website is Longross.com

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

First off, I recommend updating to 2.1.1.

Can you try removing the height from the Gallery. It appears that the responsive mode isn’t effecting height value like it should. I’ll do some testing on my server in the meantime.

Lon Gross
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Removing height fixed the problem, thanks! Now I have a new problem though, the quotes I have sliding over the parallax in all my images are displaying script that should not be visible. How do I fix this? I’m currently up to date with Epix.

Thanks!

Longross.com

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You’re using 2.1, the latest version is 2.1.1, please see the documentation here for how to update – http://acoda.com/troubleshooting-guide/

2.1.1 fixes the above issues, I hope that helps? 🙂

Lon Gross
    Participant

Hi Andy,

This fixed it, thank you! Unfortunately I have another problem 🙁 When I look at my site on a mobile device, I can’t seem to open the menu bar, when I press the menu icon nothing happens. It was working prior to the update. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lon

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lon,

I’m wondering if it’s a caching plugin. I’ve tried on a couple of different devices and it works fine. Have you tried clearing your browser cache on the phone and seeing if it works then. Most times you can refresh it a couple of times and it will clear the browser cache.

Lon Gross
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Lon Gross
    Participant

Hi Andy,

So I check again 15 minutes later and now the website is working. It wasn’t working on both my roommate and my computer for about 15 minutes, then we both stopped and checked again 15 minutes later. When my roommate launched the site, the testimonials were all scrambled, but mine were fine, his became normal after a relaunch. Any idea why the site would be buggy like this? I just want to make sure that when I share the site with clients they aren’t running into this problem?

Also, is there a way to get rid of the “i” icon on the front page? It links up to random script and I would like to keep that out of reach of general users if possible.

Thanks for all of your help on this, I know you get bombarded with lots of emails and I hate to be a pain.

Cheers,

Lon

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lon,

That site is working fine for me too. It sounds like a caching issue from the previous version of the theme. I’ve checked in browserstack too and it loads fine there too.

To remove the “i” icon, you just need to remove the Widgets from Appearance > Widgets > Information Panel.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.