Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Photos not displaying in galleries

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Robin Milner
    Participant

Hi

I have followed the troubleshooter on here, but my photgraphs are still not being displayed in the stage gallery on my website.

I have set the lib/scripts cache to 777, and I have confirmed with my host server that GD library is enabled etc.

I noted that even after I had set the permission to 777 and reloaded the page, the cache still did not have any photos in it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

My site URL is http://www.robinmilner.com

many thanks

Robin

Anonymous

Hi Robin,

The last person who had this issue had to have GD library re-installed by the hosting company. 99% of servers are fine with this but there are a couple of setups that don’t like it.

Also check you’re on PHP version 5+.

Failing that, private message me on here with your FTP details and I’ll take a quick look for you.

Robin Milner
    Participant

Thanks for your swift reply. I have spoken to tech support of my host server but that doesnt seem to have solved it so I will private message you with my ftp details.

Thanks again

Robin Milner
    Participant

If anyone else has this trouble, this issue was resolved in the end by ensuring that the pictures were no bigger than 1024×768.

You can resize them in the media gallery, and then paste the fresh URLs for the smaller pictures into the slide sets.

Many thanks again Andy

Robin

Anonymous

Hi Robin,

Glad it’s resolved, it really depends on the server you’re using aswell – some are more than capable of resizing that size image before the script timesout.

I’ll add this to the Trobleshooting guide.

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

W 😮 W . . . ! that a bit big that size eh, why not resize before upload,save bandwidth,disk space etc and speed up load time too.

Also it wont be so interesting to “right click” thieves 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.