Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Photos squashed in accordion gallery but fine in stage gallery

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Robin Milner
    Participant

Hi

I have notice that my photos are looking a bit squashed horizontally in the accordion gallery.

I have the crop settings set to zoom, so it is not that, and the same pictures in the same slide set display perfectly in a stage gallery.

Its as if the zoom function sizes the pictures for the stage gallery, but is not taking into account that the display area in the accordion gallery is not quite as wide.

Is there any way around this?

Many thanks

Robin

Anonymous

Hi,

Yes you’re right – I’ll look into this to see if I can get round it. The reason it does it at the moment is because it calculates the required width to split the accordion into segments and then resizes the image to fit.

vojin p.
    Participant

hi andy any solution to this?

1.) i also am not happy with the way the pictures look in this scenario. 

especially if you add any text to the picture, it exacerbates the issue.

2.) is there a way to support multilanguage text (title and description) in the accordion galleries with txt overlay?

perhaps there should be a way to copy/paste gallery slide sets and then just edit the text parts without having to waste time in redoing the gallery slide set for another language?

3.) in the accordion gallery, only option for txt overlay seems to be bottom?

anything else I choose does not make a difference.

text overlay is always on the bottom.

please confirm.

vojin p.
    Participant

it also appears to be overoptimizing the image resulting in poor quality – blurry txt and poor contrast (like low-res setting in photoshop).

any way around it?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

In 2.8.1 I changed the way it scaled the image – have you tried with the latest version? I think the introduction of disabling timthumb is the answer to most of this – but only for people who want to scale their images offline and upload. 

vojin p.
    Participant

i am using  2.8.1 version

i think most of us can do the basic math and figure out the sizes and photoshop the images to the right specs.

it would be great to have that done automatically, but as it implemented by timthumb it is simply below acceptable standards.

what is interesting is that only accordion gallery is exibiting this overoptimization. 

imho, standard stage gallery does not suffer from this issue (to the same extent).

also

2.) is there a way to support multilanguage text (title and description) in the accordion galleries with txt overlay?

thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

What plugin are you using for multi-language? 

Hmm, can you send me a link to the page with the accordion gallery on so I can see what's going on.

Thanks

vojin p.
    Participant

qTranslate

site is done locally (xamp) so you cant log in. i can send some screenshots if that would work or settings I used. would that help?

i have images which are 760x420px

crop option selected

gallery height of 420px

hope this helps

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Yep get some screenshots up – what is the width of the accordion gallery?

vojin p.
    Participant

i left it blank.

although i tried 940 with no change in results

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you get a screenshot up of one of the accordions open? Also, have you set the image to zoom?

vojin p.
    Participant

it was set to crop.

can't upload now, but will try modifying the settings.

thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.