Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Please help! How can i display few lines of text from posts on homepage?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Gary
    Participant

Hi, I'm a new with WordPress. I created a custom homepage. I want display posts in one of the column. How can I show part of posts on homepage? Any plugin or shortcode? Thank you in advanced.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi, 

If you want it in the sidebar then you can use the DynamIX Widget Gallery. 

if you are using 2.8.2 you can also use the shortcode generator -> image gallery to animate through your latest posts. You'll need to set each post to "Text Only" in the post options -> Stage Gallery Options -> Gallery Image Content.

Gary
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I don't want them on the sidebar, I'd like to show them in content area on a static homepage, I want to capture the post title, editor's name, post create date and post content( first 20-30 words…… ended with "Read more".) and ideally to show thumbnail of pictures from the post in the content area. (The content area is on the first 8 colums from the left of 960 grid), ie. each post highlight will take 4 colums of width. I'm trying to create columns with shortcode generator. However, got stuck with showing the post on homepage. I understand I'm trying to archieve something may not be supposed to do with this theme. However, I really like the function and look and feel of your theme. I really want to build something based on this theme and meet it looks great.

Before i can reach something deeper, I've try to use Grid/Slider Gallery to show posts. However, there maybe some bugs with "Exerpt word limit" setting, it works fine with English page but not working with Chinese character, no matter how many number of word i put on setting. The "Read more" text show at the end of the whole content on Chinese post. Could you help to fix this?

Besides, can I change the width of the Grid/Slider Gallery, because on my 960 grid, I use the 8 colums from the left for the Grid/Slider Gallery. So when I put the Grid/Slider Gallery inside the colum shortcode, the content on the right is hidden.

Sorry for all those questions. They maybe obvious for advance member but it's hard to sort out for beginner. I'm willing to learn more about this.

Have a great weekend,

Many thanks!

Gary

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

you could install the exec-php plugin which will allow the use of php in posts and pages then you can call the required template tags in place,or even create a custom page template for this,add a little html & css,easier than you think,google is a mans best friend  🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.