Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Plug in HELP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • jhimsel
    Participant

I have downloaded & installed the YOU theme. I chose this theme because it worked so well on another site. Bought a new license. PLUG INS do NOT work on new site. Driving me crazy. It keeps telling me to install “newer” plug ins. Error as follows:

Download failed. Forbidden

Plugin not activated. A higher version of ACODA Counters is needed for this theme. Please update the plugin.

I have no idea how to get a newer version??

Hi @jhimsel

Can you send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can test on this further?

Also, what plugins are you trying to install?

Regards,

jhimsel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

jhimsel
    Participant

jhimsel
    Participant

Hi @jhimsel

We personally tried it and we are seeing the same error.

Can you please send over your FTP login credentials so we can also check if there’s any issue with your site file’s permissions/ownership?

Thanks!

jhimsel
    Participant

jhimsel
    Participant

I FIXED IT!

In case your curious – the work around was to upload the plugins directly to the cpanel, then I was activate in WordPress. Woot woot!

Thanks for your help –

Jessica

Glad you’ve fixed it, @jhimsel

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

epicp
    Participant

I have the same issue. Problem needs resolving.

epicp
    Participant

I also tried uploading each plugin manually but still come across issues saying it needs to be updated but when trying to update through the theme, it won’t work.

Very frustrating.

epicp
    Participant

This sucks, the theme plugin management does not work; won’t install plugins & won’t update them.

Hi @epicp

Can you send your site’s URL and login credentials so we can check and test on this further from our end?

Regards,

epicp
    Participant

It’s a brand new wordpress install. There’s no additional plugins or any modifications made to the site.

As other users have had the same problem, does this not mean it’s a common problem which needs resolving on the side of the theme?

Hi @epicp

Can you please send over your site’s URL, WP login credentials and FTP login so we can forward this to the developer?

Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.