Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Plugin Incompatibility – Participants Database

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Brian Wohn
    Participant

Hi, until the recent upgrade to Dynamix 4.2, the plugin we use a lot is “Participants Database”. I emailed them about the pagination at the bottom being scrambled and not function (as seen here: http://www.mbaaa.org/vendor-membors), and they told me:
    —–
    This is a theme issue, a lot of themes apply styles to the “li” elements that conflict with the styles the plugin uses to lay out the pagination control. I suggest you use the “inspector” in your browser developer tools to see what CSS rules are affecting the LI elements in the pagination control. Probably you will need to add a custom rule to override the theme CSS for those particular elements.

I’ve written a series of articles that can help you sort out the CSS if you’re not familiar with the process:

Simple CSS Techniques for WordPress
    —–

I don’t know CSS or where I would/could change it in Dynamix to possibly fix this. Is there anyway you can show me how to fix this, so it functions again? I really appreciate your help!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

That’s interesting. Their CSS doesn’t even style the LI tags to display inline or set a list style to none. So it’s extremely likely that themes are going to influence that and they should set their own CSS to overcome this.

If you insert the following CSS into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS it should display much better.

.pdb-list .pagination li,
    .pdb-pagination li {
    float: left;
    list-style: none;
    }

Brian Wohn
    Participant

Hi Andy, thank you – that made it “look better” – all the numbers lined up, but it still doesn’t click to the next page with the numbers or arrows?

I put in what you said under “Theme Options>Customize>Custom CSS” – is there someplace else I need to put it still? Sorry, I’m new at CSS. Thank you for your help!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

I’ve noticed a slight issue with the script that controls the “anchor links scrollto” function and this is affecting your situation.

This fix should resolve it. Please replace DynamiX/js/nv-script.pack.js

With ( Unzip ):

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/dynamix/nv-script.pack.js.zip

Brian Wohn
    Participant

WOW, beautiful – you are awesome – thanks so much!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome!! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.