Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / .po problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Nik
    Participant

Hi,

After update from 3.05 to 3.1 the translation no works fine. I replace the po and mo file whit my backup file, but dont have success. Please try to verify this.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nik,

Did you use the codestyling localization plugin to translate the theme? If so, I believe you re-scan the translated files, it will pick up on your translations again.

Unfortunately I had to change from NorthVantage textdomain to themeva as well as change a few translations fields.

Nik
    Participant

Thanks Andy,
    I no use any plug-in for traslation. I edit ( whith po edit ) the file .po and save with .mo in wp-content/theme/dynamix/language. I work in this way always and do not have problem ever, like with dynamix 3.05. Only with version 3.1 i have problem.

What i do ?

Thanks and hi

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nik,

If you edit the .po file within the new version of the theme and click “Update” in PoEdit, does it update from the sources?

Nik
    Participant

OK, now i tryed to edit the original file ( with a theme package ) “northvantage.po”. I have Changed any words for test and saved, but not work. Then i tryed to rename northvantage.po and .mo to it_IT.po and it_IT.mo, but no work again.

The file it_IT.po maintains the changes I made. It seems that the issue should not be read, or can not find the file it_IT.po. In fact, even if I remove the file. bit does not change anything.

Nik
    Participant

Sorry Anny, but i’m waithing for your reply.

thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nik,

I’ve created a new .po files for the next version. You can download them here, they contain all the new phrases.

One alternative is to use the codestyling localization plugin, it should pick up on your current files and allow you to re-scan them.

Unzip this file: http://help.themeva.com/tmp/themeva_default.po.zip

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.