Home / Forums / ePix Support / Polylang and multi language menus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Nenabonica
    Participant

Hi,
    We have a problem with our menu on the ePix theme: the menu is always shown in language “ES”, and never in “CA” or “EN”.
    Could you please tell me if your theme conforms with the following link so that I know if this is an ePix or Polylang issue?
    http://polylang.wordpress.com/documentation/setting-up-a-wordpress-multilingual-site-with-polylang/navigations-menus/
    The website is at (in progress): http://dulcieys.es/index2.php/ca/home-ca/
    The first menu item should read “Home in EN”, or “Inici” in CA and “Inicio” in ES. Also, the menu has at least five items in CA.
    Thanks,

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have not heard of Polylang before, but we can definitely take a look for you.

Please can you provide your WP Login details and FTP details so we can check your menu set up and run some further tests using the plugin.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nenabonica
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thanks for the details, Andy is looking into this currently.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just tested this on the standard Twenty fourteen theme using your staging site and even then the menu and plugin did not function in the way it should have. We do not believe this is a theme issue but the plugin instead.

I recommend going back to the plugin developer to let them know about this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nenabonica
    Participant

Hi,
    I will do that, but in the meantime could you please confirm that I can comment out the “home” index in the wp_nav_menu() calls? Like their documentation says.
    Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve tested to see if any of the attributes would affect the outcome and it doesn’t seem to. You can forward this onto the plugin developers for the wp_nav_menu function.

wp_nav_menu( array(
    'echo' => true,
    'container' => 'ul',
    'menu_class' => 'menu hide-on-phones',
    'menu_id' => 'dyndropmenu',
    'theme_location' => 'mainnav',
    'walker' => $walker,
    'menu' => $menu_slug
    ));

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.