Home / Forums / ePix Support / porfolio and gategory

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
  • Clausse
    Participant

Hello –

I don’t understand how it’s possible to create porfolio with categories and filter (balck&white/archittecture) before to sell photo with woocommerce – Please Help me – it’s necessary for my businness –

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Clausse,

I first recommend setting up your products within WooCommerce and putting them into categories.

From there, create a page with a grid Gallery on it. Set the Datasource to Product Categories and turn on Animated Filtering. Save and preview.

The grid gallery should now be pulling in your Products and have filtering options at the top for the different categories/tags.

For more information on creating a gallery, please see the documentation here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Clausse
    Participant

Thanks a lot Tom –

I have understand – For my foto’s business, it’s necessary for me to have many possibilities for one photo – Indeed, i wish purpose for one photo many sizes (40*40/50*50*/100*100*) and paper (barytés, fine art, texturés) and (of course) many prizes –

Is it possible? Can you tell me if’s neccessary to make many product : photo1/size1 , photo1/size2, photo1/size3

Please,

Thanks
    jérémy

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

As mentioned in your other post, this is possible to do using WooCommerce and variable products. For more information on this, please see their documentation here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Clausse
    Participant

Thanks a lot Tom – i have understand how create a product’s page with caroussel gallery and grid (with animated filtering) – in this case i select like source, category product – I want make a porfolio like that but it is impossible to select category product because the price is in the photo on the gallery – is it possible to remove it/ if it’s not possible can you tell me if it’s necessary to make a new slide with all the photo and to put it filter – Thank you

Clausse
    Participant

Oups and i want to know if it’s possible to have a fullscreen page (like that: http://epix.themeva.com/tour/) with a grid (with animated filtered) and how it’s possible to make that – THANK YOU – you’re my hero

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words.

If you edit your page with the gallery on > edit the grid gallery > tick the Animated Filtering which is the last option. This should pick up on the tags of the products and display them ready for you to click and filter.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Clausse
    Participant

Thanks a lot Tom –

Another question –

* In my Home page (http://claussejeremy-photography.com/) it’s impossible to have title & text in all the photos (Only on the the first & the origin’s slide is correct) – It’s necessary for me to have a page like that (http://themeforest.net/item/epix-fullscreen-photography-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/5783556) with text & description and the possibility to have social icon like on the second image of the slide and to have possibility to have the little Arrow which clocks in the corresponding product. How it’s possible to make that?

* In the porfolio ( http://claussejeremy-photography.com/?page_id=3103), i need to know if it’s possible to delete the price
    Or if in this page ( http://claussejeremy-photography.com/?page_id=2896) it’s possible to have the image in the same size like in the porfolio –

* an i have two problem :
    – When I enlarged the photo the cross does not still work
    – When I Will change the global skin and duplicate him, it’s impossible – the window of safari turn in loop and it’s impossible ti change the paramaters *

you are my hero

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Clausse,

1. You can add a title and description to your images via the slide set manager. If you edit the slide set which is selected for the home page, you can edit each image to add in the title and description.

To do this, you will need to create a new page > Add in your social icons using Visual Composer > Click Classic Editor (blue button above your content) > Click ‘Text’ tab > Copy all of the code. Go to Slide Set Manager > Edit a slide set > Edit and image > Type the code into the description.

To link the arrow in the description to a product or other page just edit an image as mentioned above and add a URL in the URL field.

2. You can remove the prices using CSS, but as this is not a standard theme option, it will be classed as a customization.
    You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

As this is a WooCommerce option to set the image sizes, you will need to go to WooCommerce > Image size settings and enable hard crop. You may need to play around with some of the Woo settings from there.

3.a. Not sure what you mean by this? Do you have an example of this photo cross?
    3.b. Have you tried using another browser to test? If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Clausse
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jérémy,

Yes please, the URL of your site and your login details for the site. The WordPress login details so I can take a look at your settings.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Clausse
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

One of your plugins is conflicting with the standard WordPress customizer which is why the page keeps refreshing when you are trying to duplicate a skin. I de-activated all plugins and it worked fine. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

I cannot see the cross? Do you have a screenshot of this? You will need to use Custom CSS to remove the price as mentioned above.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Clausse
    Participant

Thank you Tom –

I will try to make that – Another question: In my wordpress administration, for visual composer, it’s necessary to have “visual composer key” – In the administration, i can read : “Please enter your CodeCanyon Visual Composer license key, you can find your key by following the instructions on this page. License key looks similar to this: bjg759fk-kvta-6584-94h6-75jg8vblatftq” But when i try to create a new login (with my username jeremyclausse) it’s impossible!!!
    Can you help me for that because it’s difficult for me to finish my blog –
    Thank you very much dear Tom-
    Jérémy

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jérémy,

I cannot seem to log into your site now?

You are using an old version of ePix which is why it is saying you need to update Visual Composer.

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.