Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Portfolio Bug

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Everton
    Participant

Hi there,
    I inserted some portfolio categories and posts, and, of a sudden, the portfolio page (into admin) was broke. I can’t access the page and I can’t insert another contents.

Please, take a look and, if possible, help me to solve this issue.

Follow my website infos

Tks in advance

Everton
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Everton
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t want to disrupt your setup, so can you try disabling all other plugins to see if any are interfering. If by disabling all it resolves it, try re-enabling one-by-one to see which one is the cause.

The second issue looks like it has a shortcode within it that also has a read more button, but I’m not sure why it would be different text. Please check the post contents to see what maybe generating the extra read more.

Everton
    Participant

Hi,

I’m sure that’s not a problem on other plugins. The portfolio was working and, suddenly, stopped. On this meantime nothing happened. No plugins was installed.
    Please, I need your help to solve this.

By the way, about the extra read more, I don’t have ideia about where it comes from. If you could help me, I really appreciate.

Tks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

We need to rule out every possibility. I’ve checked out your error_log and the same line is repeat constantly. I’m not sure where it’s coming from ( not from the theme ). But it would be the reason for the problems with the portfolio.

[19-Jan-2015 10:58:03 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set ‘always_populate_raw_post_data’ to ‘-1’ in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0

Please ask your hosting to do exactly what the warning is asking. Set ‘always_populate_raw_post_data’ to ‘-1’ in php.ini and it should be fine.

Everton
    Participant

I did that.

Well, there is some issue points yet:

1. How to remove the extra ‘read more’ button
    2. I need to customize the search results page. How can I do this?
    3. I need 3 different blogs into my website. How can I do this?

Tks a lot

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. It was because you had this option set in Settings > Excerpt ” Add read more link to excerpt ”
    2. You can edit DynamiX/search.php
    3. See this page for how to create a blog page – http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/blog-templates/

Everton
    Participant

Hi there,
    the portfolio issue continues. I changed the PHP parameter value, like the log error says, but nothing happens.

So, I have more troubles here… I hope you can help me.

1. Search page. I need that the search results appear distributed on 3 boxes per line, like the post grid. I tried to edit the search.php file, but I can’t.
    How can I do this or, you could do this for me?

2. I need to translate all the site to portuguese. But, in some cases, the words still appear in english, like this button “read more”:
    http://hostcreative.com.br/~editorabrasilcom/discutindo-a-educacao/
    and this button “reply”
    http://hostcreative.com.br/~editorabrasilcom/dois-professores-em-sala-de-aula/

I tried to edit the wp-comments-post.php, but some itens not translated.

If you need to change any file, you have my permission. Just make a file_old.php file as backup in troubles case.

So, I wait for your reply.

Tks in advance.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Everton.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You’ll need some custom CSS to do this. I can do this for you, but you’d need to signup to the customization forum here.
    2. I’m confused, I do not see “reply” or “read more” on those pages? I see “comentar”

Everton
    Participant

The second item, I found how to change into functions.php and comment-template.php. I don’t konw if this is the best way to change, but it works.

About the search customization, how we can do? How much for this job?

There is a way to change all the portfolio posts to posts? The portfolio not works and I neeed to change to posts urgently.

Tks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I unfortunately had to ignore your comment about it not being a plugin and went ahead to disable the plugins – as suspected the portfolio displays fine when the plugins have been disabled ( apart from VC, I left that running ). One of the plugins is causing the issue. I’ve re-enabled them all, I would disable them and re-enable one-by-one to see at which point the portfolio breaks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.