Home / Forums / ePix Support / Portfolio is Flashing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Ann Marie
    Participant

Thank you for an awesome theme. I am working on it for an artist client of mine. I am playing with the portfolio but something weird happens. When the portfolio page opens it flashes a white background and sometimes when the images are rolled over it does the same thing. Can you please help troubleshoot this? Thanks

http://cascadevalleydesigns.com/scout/portfolio/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ann,

I have not seen this flashing before, there is nothing in the code that would make the theme do this. I can only presume it is a plugin confliction that is causing this. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ann Marie
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I have deactivated all plugins and it still happens….but I failed to mention it only happens in Chrome.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ann,

This is very strange, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ann Marie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ann,

I have had a good look into your site and I think it is down to the fact that your image sizes are very large and you have a lot of them loading on the page at once. When only the Pet category is selected and there are only a few images to load on the page, the site does not flash. I checked out your images and they look to be over 2000px wide. This is not needed as no computer will be loading them this wide in Lightbox. I recommend downsizing all your images to max of 1500px wide if that. Hopefully this will stop the flashing.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.