Could you kindly explain or point me in the direction of documentation, on how to setup my PORTFOLIO page as per your demo on http://acoda.com/epix/portfolio/
– center header
– some text
– filterable categories
– image grid, with lightbox image link icon on hover; gallery link icon and image title on hover
This is for a photography website with 4 main categories, lots of photographs and posts on shoots also with photographs.
Some search results suggested using the Visual Composer’s “Portfolio-element” – which is not present in my elements list when using VC backend editor. (I have ‘Post Grid’; ‘Post Masonary Grid’; ‘Masonary Grid from media lib’ – trying Post Masonary Grid, which isn’t rendering desired results).
1) the PORTFOLIO page which was created won’t allow me to make/save any changes made with VC. I created an alternative page on which I’m testing now.
2) I’ve tried the page setting in all manner of combinations, my page title keeps displaying left, filterable categories are displayed with their sub-categories. And where category links are to posts, excerpts also display underneath the feature image.
3) Also can’t seem to find the options for the image lightbox and link (two red icons on image on hover as in the demo) anywhere in the page options. How are those inserted?
4) Your demo portfolio (http://acoda.com/epix/portfolio/sticky-situation/) displays neatly with feature image on top, some text and carousel at the bottom. My portfolios displays the carousel at the top and feature image at the bottom. Could you please explain how to rectify this or how I should be doing the page config to display as per demo.
My main problem is the display of the portfolio page. Could you please run through the (Classic Mode) page config; Ad Gallery; Blog; Custom -settings or the VC element settings.
Portfolio>Ad New: what should the Page Config; Ad Gallery; Gallery/Media; Portfolio; Additional -setting be for display similar to http://acoda.com/epix/portfolio/sticky-situation/ ?
And lastly, (How) can I use/display my existing category pages (4) and post with gallery to link or display in a portfolio category? Or do I have to re-enter all into a Portfolio>Ad New ?
Thank you in advance.
[Using v2.3 of ePix theme on WP 4.7.5]
Our apologies for the delayed reply.
Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally check what you’ve done so far for the portfolio page?
1. The page was set to ‘Full Width’, this is why the gallery is taking this much space. You can change the ‘Site Layout’ to ‘Boxed’ and that should decrease the width of the row.
If you want to keep it at full width, another option is to use the ‘Grid Gallery’ element instead of the ‘Add Gallery’ option that you used. The Gallery should be laid out better if using the Grid Gallery element.
2. I am not quite sure if I understand this. Can you please elaborate or send screenshots?
You can switch the page to Wide again then just set ‘Image Width’ to the Gallery. You can set it to 600 so the images on the grid will be wider and just adjust it accordingly to your preference.
You are using the ‘Add Gallery’ option and any gallery added using this option goes above the content/loop. That is why the title goes under it. For the title to go to the top, you should switch to using the Grid Gallery element on the post/page editor instead of using the ‘Add Gallery’ option.
Can you please give me permission to disable all your plugins so we can test if any of them is causing this issue? This is not the default behavior of the Grid Gallery element, so there is something on the installation that is causing them to be laid out like this.
I have disabled all plugins except Visual Composer and everything works perfectly fine. I have reactivated the plugins, so you could disable the plugins again and reactivate them one by one to check which of those is causing the issue.
Can you please reinstall a fresh copy of the theme? This is not the default behavior of the theme, so it is best to install a fresh copy to make sure no changes that were done to the theme files is causing the issue with the grid gallery now.
Update: Activated TwentyFourteen, deleted ePix folder from the hosting backend, then reinstalled a fresh copy of the theme, (three times…) once through the Envato Toolkit on the dashboard, activated and the same display problem persists. De-activated, deleted the ePix folder again and uploaded a newly downloaded copy from the EnvatoMarket. Cleared browser cache – just in case, activated and the display problem still remains (as per screen shot above – 22 June).
I’ve tinkered with the VC and page settings again… the display problem seems to have disappeared and is displaying correctly now. Except in Opera (v45) – there is still a 10px gap between coloumns. The padding option is not enabled in the Grid Element Settings. There is a couple of other small tweaks that I need to make, but it seems to be OK now.
Thank you for your assistance.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.