Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Position of the main menu on mobile devices

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    This is my site: http://d15924.ispservices.at/
    As you can see, I have two menus. The main menu on the top (‘menutop’) and the other menu, which is in the sidebar (‘menuside’).

I actually use the menu in the sidebar as the main navigation, but haven’t declared it as such, because if I do, all the items are on the top menu. Now everything looks fine on the desktop, but if I access this site from a smartphone, I can see a drop down box with the top menu items, then the content of the page below and THEN the menu from the sidebar on the bottom on the page (which is bad because the navigation for the content should be above the content)

How can I swap the position of the menus on a mobile device?
    I think I need something like this (very pseude obviously):
    if (mobile) then menuside = mainnavigation; menutop = putMenuInSidebar //this way the items of ‘menuside’ would be on the top of the page in the drop down box

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The theme is set up so that the content comes before the sidebars.

One thing you can do when editing your page is use Visual Composer to split the row into 3/3 and insert a menu on the 1/3 and your content on the 2/3. This will then display your menu above your content as it won’t be in a sidebar. But you won’t have the vertical border.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanks for the quick reply, I will definitely try this out. But is there a way to swap the menus? Because it would be ideal for me if the drop down box was filled with the menu items from the sidebar on a mobile device.

Can I put a menu and a drop down box with another menu on the top of the page? I will hide either the drop down box or the menu depending if the page is accessed from a mobile device or desktop.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not entirely sure what you mean, the reason why it doesn’t put it first is because it won’t show up properly in search engines, by popular demand the sidebar was made to go second.

It might be worth looking at the plugin UberMenu as you can use droppanels in a sidebar.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.