Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Possible to change Portfolio page template?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Noah
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Bumped into something new today. We have categories of Portfolio items on our site. If someone clicks on an individual Portfolio item everything looks great, for example:

http://dev.learnaslead.com/portfolio/making-others-good/

At the top left of the page window there are breadcrumbs that read:

Home/Articles/Making Others Good

If you click on the Articles link in the breadcrumbs, to see all Portfolio items with the category Articles, you see this:

http://dev.learnaslead.com/portfolio-category/articles/

which looks very much like a traditional posts page. Can the template for this page be changed to the default full page template so that you don’t see the post dates to the left nor the sidebar to the right? Or something similar… Thanks!

Noah

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

Yes, if you goto Appearance > Theme Options > Portfolio and set the Portfolio Parent page, it will link back to that page instead of the post style page.

Noah
    Participant

Thanks Andy, however, I think I may be asking something different. I do like the way the default setting in Appearance > Theme Options > Portfolio uses the ‘Archive’ page since that automatically organizes based on Portfolio categories, and if you click on the Portfolio category in the breadcrumbs it takes you to a filtered list for just that category, but I would like to hide the blue post date badge at left and hide the sidebar at right, or otherwise change the ‘Archive’ page template to be a standard full page without the sidebar. Would either of those two options be possible? Thanks,

Noah

Hi @learnaslead

The default Portfolio archive, which you are using, is dependent on the page settings for the ‘Blog’ page. All you need to do for the portfolio archive page to go fullpage and without the metadata is to set it blog’s settings located under: /wp-admin/themes.php?page=options-framework

Set ‘Page Layout’ to full-width then set ‘Display Post Metadata’ to ‘Disabled’.

Thanks!

Noah
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately I don’t see a ‘Page Layout’ option on Theme Options: Portfolio.

There is Parent Portfolio Page, Portfolio Page Link, Metadata, and Single Portfolio Images with sub options.

Currently on DynamiX v 5.3. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Noah

Hi @learnaslead

The setting that you will update is ‘Blog’ not ‘Portfolio’. Click the ‘Blog’ tab then ‘Page Layout’ to 1 columng (full-width) then set ‘Display Post Metadata’ to ‘Disabled’.

Please try it and send us a feedback.

Thanks!

Noah
    Participant

ok, great, that will work nicely, thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.