Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / post excerpt does not work when "Excerpt Only" is selected

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • 5ngua
    Participant

Hi,
    Currently, post excerpt does not work when “Excerpt Only” is selected. It only works when Excerpt + First/ Custom Image is enable. What am I missing?
    Hung

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have text within your posts? If not, setting it to Excerpt only will not display anything. If you are still having issues, please reply with your login details and I will take a further look.

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks Tom. This is the demo site login: http://taotac.com/demo/ User: demo Pass: 123456 . This is a fresh demo site and Excerpt Only slected. Check out the blog page. This is also happening on the main site.
    Hung,

5ngua
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is something strange going on with your site, I cannot find your plugins sections and you seem to be running a multi-site but it doesn’t look like a normal multi-site setup? Is the account we have access to locked down at all?

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant

Hi,
    I use a fresh multi site install and the problem is also happening on the mainpage. It’s a feature of Multi-site to hide the plugin page for child sites. Now I turn it on. You can check. Do you think there is any plugin confict? I just install very basic plugins. Here is the list:
    bbPress
    Advanced Excerpt
    Akismet
    BuddyPress
    Hello Dolly
    Jetpack by WordPress.com
    Revolution Slider
    WooCommerce
    WordPress SEO
    WPBakery Visual Composer
    WP Super Cache

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I cannot see the listed plugins within your install. Do I have the correct login? I will ask Andy about this and get back to you.

Try this out, replace this file. It may solve it. Under DynamiX/lib/inc/blog-class.php

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/dynamix/blog-class.php.zip

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant

Hi,

For the plugin list, it only shows all plugins at Network admin dashboard. The plugins you see in the demo site are just the ones that you can turn on/off. The ones in the above list but not show in the demo site are already global activated by default and you can not see them.

Anyways, I must note that this is a fresh and normal wordpress install with very basic plugins. Do you think this is a theme bug? Try to select “Except Only” in the http://dynamix.themeva.com/ to test how it works?
    Hung,

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

When a multi-site WordPress install is used, the plugins at the Network admin are also active for all your multi-sites regardless of the extra plugins added to them. I do not know if there is a plugin that is conflicting as I cannot try de-activating them as I do not have access to the Network admin.

Even if you were to de-activate all your plugins within the demo site you set up, there will still be plugins active from the Network admin. I am testing DynamiX on my own install with no plugins installed and the excerpt works fine.

Can you try de-activating all your plugins, reset your cache then try the setting again please? As I do not have access.

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you just confirm you have done this, Andy have changed a couple of things in the blog class that may solve this.

Under DynamiX/lib/inc/blog-class.php

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/dynamix/blog-class.php.zip

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant

sorry but there is no blog-class.php file under the path you provided.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just tested the link again and it downloads the correct blog-class.php file. Can you try it again please?

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant

I mean there is no blog-class.php in the path DynamiX/lib/inc/blog-class.php but you tell me to replace it?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Sorry, it should be DynamiX/lib/inc/classes/blog-class.php

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.